Discuss west midlands based sparky ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sam90

-
Reaction score
hi all
Ive just started my level 2 & 3 fast track course full course is 10 months for both qualifications doing it on sat and sun as i work Monday to Friday as a HGV driver and transport manager once I've completed the course it will be time to get the experience working i have family who are in the trades and 1 who is a sparky he said i can go work with him if he has weekend work on while so i can work towards the NVQ and get the testing cert and AM2 done I'm 27 and have a house and child and Mrs to support so need to try and keep my cash flow up while i do all this so i think once I'm qualified i will go back self employed HGV driver and work as a sparky where and when i can..
i will look to completely change to full time electrician as soon as i can..
im in Dudley but can travel is there anyone on here who is west midlands based ? that would be willing to help me get some experience i would come and help completely free of charge on weekends just for the chance to work towards my NVQ .. or if the possibility arose of a job i would just have to take the pay cut to get the experience and maybe jump in a lorry on the weekend to top my wages up to make it work while i get the NVQ ?
i know i said my cousins husband is a sparky and has offered to let me go with him if he has weekend work on ( he works for a firm Monday to Friday then gets his own work on weekends) but i don't know how often this would be so I'm keeping my options open

this is my plan of action if anyone has any advice or can see something ive missed please let me know any advise is much appreciated .. thanks all

think you have got all your ducks in order.chance will tell.

Experience and actually being on site will teach your more than any course will it takes years to become an Electrician and even more years to become a very good one.

Cheers

Experience and actually being on site will teach your more than any course will it takes years to become an Electrician and even more years to become a very good one.

Cheers
This is very true Tes but we all have to start somewhere I've started later than a lot of people but with the extra effort and determination I see no reason why I won't get there just gotta keep cash coming in while I do so that the only difference.. but having a family to support makes that extra determination a lot easier it was the same when I did my HGV everyone told me how hard it was to get experience as a newly qualified driver I did it and went past it into management now I want a trade get back on a building site and do some graft again .. transport industry is a great fall back but I want it to be a fall back not my primary eventually I would like to go on my own and have my own business but that's a long long way away yet one step at a time ay lol

Reply to west midlands based sparky ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock