Discuss Western Power 'Certificate of Completion'. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

acvc

-
Reaction score
Hello folks.

Just a quick question:

I've asked the distributor (Western Power) to provide a PME earthing facility at a small commercial premises that will be used temporarily as a TV location set. Western Power have responded to the owner saying that they will provide PME on a stated date, but that they must see a completed 'Certificate of Completion' before they will start. They have said they'll send the blank certificate to the client, who will then pass it on to me.

Does this just Cert ask for verification, inspection and testing, of the main bonding? Or is there more ..... Does anyone know? :thinking:

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks.

No dead tests required yet. The existing wiring there is unsafe Dillb, some of it's even in lead sheathing. There is no main earthing there at all. The place ended up with about six C1s so I'm putting in a temporary 13A distribution board - sockets on mini rings on a 1.5m x 2m piece of ply, any house lights will have to plugged in there too, and taking gas and water main bonding and the new PME to the new board too.

I'm just trying to pre-empt anything that might be asked for on their Cert of Completion. Can't see what more they could ask for than main bonding but not sure.

Well your temporary board needs testing surely?

Also any wiring you are using that is existing should be certified too. Obviously all dead tests. Yes Bonding and the initial verification form will be needed too.

I would expect that they would want to know that the installation to which they are supplying power is in a safe condition for energisation. Since the only safe installation is your temporary board then that is what you would be inspecting testing and certifying on dead tests.
However I think Des is also correct in that they would expect to be supplying to a completed and safe installation. However if the installation is due to be repaired I could see them saying they will not supply because someone may connect the unsafe installation.

A production set don't really use 13a supplies, way too small! Its all 16,32,63,125 amp plugs. a photo-shoot could even take out a few 13a supplies. You need to speak to the client about this as the production sparks will probably supply a generator truck if its only short term and just want functional lighting from the building.

A production set don't really use 13a supplies, way too small! Its all 16,32,63,125 amp plugs. a photo-shoot could even take out a few 13a supplies. You need to speak to the client about this as the production sparks will probably supply a generator truck if its only short term and just want functional lighting from the building.

Yes all the effect lighting is running off a genny outside. This is for practicals (working lights that are in shot) - six flourescents that I'm replacing, rewiring and running from sockets to allow the sparks to have any combo of them that they want on, as well as providing 13A sockets.

OK sounds like I need to speak to them.

I was intending to split the tails to the exiting C/U, and main earth too, taking the new tails to the temp board.. At the moment the fuses for the existing 'wiring' are all removed, and will stay removed until everyone's finished, with a 'danger, unsafe electrics, do not use' sign fixed across the front of the c/u.

A temporary builders' supply would be fine ......

I was just wondering what would be required on the Cert that they (not me) are supplyng for completion.

Yes all the effect lighting is running off a genny outside. This is for practicals (working lights that are in shot) - six flourescents that I'm replacing, rewiring and running from sockets to allow the sparks to have any combo of them that they want on, as well as providing 13A sockets.

Nice, like the sound of that. Try and get in touch with the productions spark, they can give you a hard supply off their genny. thats all you'll need to do then is wire six 16A plugs for each flory.

It could save all the hassle with western power

You might find it preferable anyway to have all the site power from the same source to avoid issues with interference/flicker/floating earths. Or if it comes to that, save the money on the WPD fee and just hire another genny for you!

Reply to Western Power 'Certificate of Completion'. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net