Discuss Wetpants Trashed My Van in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JK-Electrical

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was manoeuvring into a bay in the car park of my local Screwfix on Monday morning when a white transit van that was parked in an adjacent bay suddenly began to reverse at speed. My van was positioned approximately 45 degrees in relation to the Transit when impact occurred. The door-hinge of the Transit's back door caught the side of my van and ripped a gaping hole above the off-side rear wheel arch.

Wetpants Trashed My Van Van 1 - EletriciansForums.net
Wetpants Trashed My Van Van 2 - EletriciansForums.net

My insurance company has estimated the cost of repairs to be somewhere in the region of £2500. I've only had my Caddy six weeks, and what took me almost two months of searching to find, took wetpants only 7 seconds to trash. When wetpants isn't installing hot water pipes directly on top of cables or installing a boiler directly in front of a consumer unit, he's ripping holes in the side of your van. I despair. :(

That whole side panel can be replaced, if you get yourself to a good body shop they will be able to sort that out easily. It’s a bummer for you, I’ve got a caddy as well and they’re such a nice van.

obviuosly contact you insurance co. get a hire van through them, get the caddy fixed, let your insurers pay up and do the donkey work recovering costs from wet-pants' insurers.

me think not ,they have too wield a piece in. cause all VW caddys one side panel goes from the back to the drivers side . they might right it off like the titanic .

Me think so I’m afraid as I’ve had the whole side panel replaced on my caddy. Any body shop worth their salt can easily fit a new side panel.

Me think so I’m afraid as I’ve had the whole side panel replaced on my caddy. Any body shop worth their salt can easily fit a new side panel
the side panel is spot welded to the inside of the roof and under the floor panel . I would not like that done by a body shop .if its cut and shut I will not take it out on the road . and a have a caddy .

the side panel is spot welded to the inside of the roof and under the floor panel . I would not like that done by a body shop .if its cut and shut I will not take it out on the road . and a have a caddy .

What do you think a body shop is? It’s the same as coach workers. They deal with body work I.e panelling and painting, which is exactly the part I have described. Are you backwards or just being difficult?

problem with removable bits ( assuming you mean bolted on) is that you can't achieve the structural strength as with welding. a lot of vehicles do have bolted on outer wings etc, but these do not form part of the integrity of the "cage".

Reply to Wetpants Trashed My Van in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock