Discuss what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Somerset cider helps to ease the pain. which reminds me..... can't find Addlestons on draught anywhere. 4 years of withdrawal symptoms. nearest I can find is Old Rosie, a poor substitute in one of my locals and at £4.75 a pint, unaffordable.

I quite like Old Rosie. But I find that if I drink a lot of it I fall over.

Somerset cider helps to ease the pain. which reminds me..... can't find Addlestons on draught anywhere. 4 years of withdrawal symptoms. nearest I can find is Old Rosie, a poor substitute in one of my locals and at £4.75 a pint, unaffordable.

Hard to find a pint of anything round here at under that price!

selection of real ales in The Swinging Witch (Northwich town centre). under £3/pint. large bap for £1.50. no wonder all the pensioners and doleites get in there. cheap day out.

I feel your pain. I've both hips (eventually) to be done, two knackered knees, an already rebuilt shoulder and a F'kd elbow. Oh, and a split vertebrae in my back. Youth - it's wasted on the young!
Ouch....hope we don't turn this thread into a who has got it worst. ;)

Left knee, missing chuck of bone at base of femur due to high impact fall, right knee torn and inflamed patella tendon along with early stage of arthritis. Both knees swell up with any form of high impact, could be as simple jumping of a step or if directly loaded e.g. kneeing down on hard surface or kneeling for long periods. Takes approx 2~3 months for swelling to go down - They've given up draining my knees when this happens. Only being like this for the last 14years and need to wait at least 10 more before knee replacements - photos of damage can be provided to scar(e) the young.

Partially detached bicep tendon left shoulder, golfers elbow right and left (don't even play golf), and ongoing back issues. I just live with the constant pain and can easily tell when a cold front is coming in - (small violin playing in the background). Worst of all, I'm now I'm follicly challenged. Still it could be worse, I could have been a PLUMBER ?

Lesson to the young out there, look after yourselves, as you are not invincible, like some of older folks thought we were when we were young.

Next injury I incur I'm sure they'll just put me down. ?

I was born with a VSD that has kept me from doing the thing I wonted most in life and that is flying commercial, but with advancing years Arthritis has caused more problems, so none of you are alone in this, just grin and put up with it, and stop complaining, load of wimps. ?

Ouch....hope we don't turn this thread into a who has got it worst. ;)
Some nasty stuff........
Bone wise, I've had more 'breaks' than a lazy plumber.
Nearly as many operations as the SAS.
If you wanna talk about knackered knees.....2019/2020, both total replacements within 6 months, basically knackered through sport and work.

20ft up a ladder for hours, yesterday. Hard work working low down, though.

I think the “tools worth the price” sounding more like a well stocked first aid kit.

30 years on the tools and never broken anything. Only occasional flesh wounds.
Some joints creak and groan, and I’m not so bendy as I used to be for getting into small spaces.

"Cost next to nowt and not used for a good while, but yesterday, a quick search of the toolbox found me a little 3.5mm re threading tap driver to sort out a crossed back box screw fixing. Extremely useful."

End quote !

This tool is a life saver !

I think this would fall into this category, found it invaluable with the adjustable torque settings for CU's MCB's/RCBO's and umpteen other applications, and with 'press to go' easy to use surprisingly powerful too.

I think this would fall into this category, found it invaluable with the adjustable torque settings for CU's MCB's/RCBO's and umpteen other applications, and with 'press to go' easy to use surprisingly powerful too.

I have the small festool drill that is super light and very easy to control . Perfect for something like this .BUT i made a point years ago. I NEVER carry none VDE tools . Anything that touches what could be live has to be VDE .I witnessed a guy 30 years ago been almost killed and it was nothing i want to be part of again

After use, I'd make a point of checking all connections with my hand driver, just to be sure.

That doesn't allow you to select a particular torque - it just has 5 settings, 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest, plus an unlimited. Yes, they specify what 1 and 5 are, and you might assume that 2/3/4 are evenly spread, but are they? And how accurate is it?

Anything that touches what could be live has to be VDE
In this context VDE is a German company which does testing and certification. There are alternatives. Boddingtons make tools which are IEC 60900 compliant but make no mention of VDE. I bet if you look at products made for the North American market you'd find that they talk about UL and CSA.

In this context VDE is a German company which does testing and certification. There are alternatives. Boddingtons make tools which are IEC 60900 compliant but make no mention of VDE. I bet if you look at products made for the North American market you'd find that they talk about UL and CSA.

I think we all know he means all his tools are suitably insulated.

I'm all for accuracy, but we need a balance of this alongside common sense.

Reply to what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net