Discuss What hourly rate do you charge ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi before I started working for my self I got my wife to phone up a few local companies and say she had some small repairs needing done around the house how much do you charge.
I know it's a bit cheeky but it will give you an idea what people charge in your area.

haha getting the mrs to call like it

Depends how good you are. I have people phoning me up daily willing to pay me £30 p/h. So i don`t bother working for less, why should I. In fact I am thinking along the lines of £35p/h. At those rates i have work coming out of my ears.

I live in an average area of Wales so not a rich area. But they know, through word of mouth, that they get value for money. Hourly rates are irrelevant, its the price people pay at the end of the job. 10 hours at £30 p/h is cheaper than 20 hours at £20p/h.

and quite frankly any business who charges less than £15 p/h for a qualified experienced electrician to visit a job just hasn`t worked out that they are loosing money yet.

Reply to What hourly rate do you charge ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I did a poll last year on exactly this. Below I have pasted what I wrote in thread last time so there is a degree of similarity. We can then see...
Replies
Views
I have been looking at some companies On like indeed looking at hiring sparks. Some per hour between £15-18.50. Some of us sparks jump through...
Replies
Views
I will describe my problem in as much detail so you guys might be able to answer my question. I am never home, my Electric bill is $ 28 to $30 a...
Replies
Views
I couldn't seem to find a recent thread relating to this but sorry if I'm repeating past posts. Evening all, Am I am wondering what others...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock