Discuss What is a sub main? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phillybob1982

Hi, fellas, I am in my first year at college doing 2330; just recently learning earthing & bonding. Having never worked or been involved in the industry, or not knowing anything apart from what I have learned at college, i am unfamiliar with some of the terminology. So when the lecturer started talking about the sub main, without really explaining what it was, I was a little confused. Could anyone please tell me what a sub main is? Any help is greatly appreciated chaps. Thanks!

In a domestic situation you might have your main consumer unit in the house and a smaller 2 way consumer unit in the garage or shed at the bottom of the garden. The smaller unit is a sub main.

Reply to What is a sub main? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Hi I am carrying out an EICR. I have a garage mini sub DB supplied via 2 x 2.5mm T&E equivalent 5.0mm protected at main DB by a 32A mcb. I know...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock