Discuss What is it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

harry98

Hi i have recieved a certificate from college for Level 3 in Electrical Installation Engineering.

The question is, what is it? i was on the 2360 course but ive never heard of this qualification.

Does anyone know if it is worth anything?

Thanks

AFAIK in some colleges the 2360 was abandoned mid way and the qual was replaced with 2330 which ios the current C&G electrical installation qual.

Hi lads, the certificate doesnt say 2330 on it, all its got on it is, level 3 in electrical installation engineering.

Thats whey im not sure what it is or means?

Hi lads, the certificate doesnt say 2330 on it, all its got on it is, level 3 in electrical installation engineering.

Thats whey im not sure what it is or means?

look to the right hand side of the certificate, about 2/3 of the way down

there is a long code, embedded in that is the qual number

for example

AT2330XYZ53 contains 2330

have a look and see what you can figure out;)

Hi mate yeah it says 0606/033239 /235101/ZLR3986/1/05/07/87 any ideas?

Thanks

Im guess city & guilds 2351 electrical installation engineering? If so what else do i need to become qualifyed?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate yeah it says 0606/033239 /235101/ZLR3986/1/05/07/87 any ideas?

Thanks

Im guess city & guilds 2351 electrical installation engineering? If so what else do i need to become qualifyed?

Thanks

harry, weird one this

2351 is not a qualification number, theres a 2356

i would ring C&G and ask them

like i said, its weird,

looks the right one, but C&G dont recognise that number!

2351 does or rather did exist it was the easier version of 2360 it comprised of 8 multiple choice exams i think JTL used to put all there apprentices through it As far as i am aware it is now a redundant course albeit a valid Level 3 qual. The private training provider i worked for used to use it when lads couldn't pass 2360. it was a way of getting completed frameworks and funding. A Lecturere i know maintains it was harder than 2330, which doesn't say much!!

How did you manage to get this award? did you sit some exams? and When?

2351 does or rather did exist it was the easier version of 2360 it comprised of 8 multiple choice exams i think JTL used to put all there apprentices through it As far as i am aware it is now a redundant course albeit a valid Level 3 qual. The private training provider i worked for used to use it when lads couldn't pass 2360. it was a way of getting completed frameworks and funding. A Lecturere i know maintains it was harder than 2330, which doesn't say much!!

How did you manage to get this award? did you sit some exams? and When?

Andy, where you are a tutor?

Hi mate i spoke to city and guilds today and confirmed it was the 2351, i got it from collge in june 2006, ive always wondered what it meant.

Would an employer take this qualification?

I don't see why not harry98

Shakey i am not a tutor any longer!! and i only was for a couple of years!! Back in lofts and understairs cupboards for me, my Knees!!!!

i worked briefly for a private trainer in based in Southampton and taught 2360 in Guildford to a small group up till 2006 (all passed 2360!!) i survived an ALI inspection where the Inspector recommended i got some formal teaching qualifications, my bosses wouldn't put their hands in their pockets so despite qualifying as an A1 Assessor and assessing on 2356 i left to join Uxbridge College a year ago again with the promise of teacher training, but to cut a long story short i quit before my 6 months probation was up, as a couldn't work for my ex policewoman line manager who managed by email, i didn't like the blame culture and politics of FE, i was persistantly pressured to pass students who either wern't up to it or not bothered, for funding. But mostly the salary didn't pay my Mortgage!!!

As they say "mustn't Grumble" (at least i don't do council house rewires!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What is it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock