Discuss What is this? Lighting controller? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SparkyChick

Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just been to have a look at an office an existing client wants testing and found this:-

ABSController.png

Looks to be supplied by that beefy switch next to it. Two cables (3 core flex, about 1.5mm) leave top right and disappear into the roof space. On the front panel there is a switch and a thermal overload cut out. Inside, a contactor, a fairly beefy capacitor and what could be a relay (along with a few other bits). Didn't poke around too much as it was only a cursory look.

Tried finding it online, but searching for ABS provides lots of pictures of well toned bodies and anti-lock braking systems.

Any ideas what it is?

The knobs are a toggle switch with an IP68 cover over the top and the other is a push to reset thermal breaker with an IP68 cover over the top.

But it's a still a nice thought.

ABS AS Wastewater And Sewage Submersible Pump | Pumps UK Ltd - https://www.pumpsukltd.com/manufacturers/abs-pumps/abs-as-wastewater-submersible-pump.html

Is it the occupancy sensor and controller for a submersible abs series wastewater and sewage pump? Though these pumps use lower case 'abs' rather than 'ABS'.

See also:

ABS Piranha Residential Control Panels - https://www.wateronline.com/doc/abs-piranha-residential-control-panels-0001

which is a residential control panel for sewage/wastewater submersible pumps.

ABS AS Wastewater And Sewage Submersible Pump | Pumps UK Ltd - https://www.pumpsukltd.com/manufacturers/abs-pumps/abs-as-wastewater-submersible-pump.html

Is it the occupancy sensor and controller for a submersible abs series wastewater and sewage pump? Though these pumps use lower case 'abs' rather than 'ABS'.

See also:

ABS Piranha Residential Control Panels - https://www.wateronline.com/doc/abs-piranha-residential-control-panels-0001

which is a residential control panel for sewage/wastewater submersible pumps.

I suspect all will be revealed when I'm able to take a better look in the ceiling void. I didn't have my big step ladder with me as it was only a passing visit to take a look at the place before I commit to a price for an inspection.

But still, a good suggestion. Thanks

Reply to What is this? Lighting controller? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net