Search the forum,

Discuss What Mistakes Have You Done? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worked on a sound stage in Sheffield years ago when I was a sound and lighting technician...

All the power went through a DB which was under the stage and I had to go and connect a few things up during the concert. Crawled back out and was very confused to see 2 guys waving at me frantically. I shrugged my shoulders and gave them the look of "what are you on about?"

Turns out I was crouched in front of their transmitter which was sending a line of sight link to their broadcast truck, and me being in the way had just knocked out the Galaxy FM live broadcast!

Oops!

"

Turns out I was crouched in front of their transmitter which was sending a line of sight link to their broadcast truck, and me being in the way had just knocked out the Galaxy FM live broadcast!

Oops!"

That was you! I was listening to that at the time, few years ago.

Bank holiday weekend last year, Friday 3 o'clock job and knock. Putting the front panel back on the cu in a bar/nightclub and I knocked one of the mcbs off without noticing. Packed up my gear and just about to leave when the manager asked me why the music isn't working? Checked board and turned the mcb back on.

Not as simple as that, ho no...... I've only knocked off the supply to the main computer hub that controls the music, tils, cctv and it up links to their head office. A really good system when it has power, without power it needs an IBM computer engineer to come out and reset it! I stayed until after 5 o'clock for him to turn up and he was there for a few hours afterwards, god knows how much that costs? I didn't get the blame in the end, the computer system has a back up battery system that failed so I got off the hook on this occasion and the company I was working for didn't have to pay the call out bill plus any loss of earnings for the club.

Bricking myself for quite a few hours that night until I called the manager up and heard music in the background. Shutting down a bar/nightclub just before they open on a busy Friday night! Note to self, make sure everything is switched on before leaving.

Used to work for a farmer during Summer a few years back, and was sat on the slurry pump while he was out spreading the slurry around the fields. 10pm at night and he calls to say switch the pump off and pack up, all done. Great thinks I, Friday night, in the pub for a few before closing........

Disconnected the pipe going from pump into slurry tank, everything is turned off, I forget that although the pump is off, there is an amount of slurry in this 12 inch pipe that is under pressure......undid the big clips and WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! Head to toe in slurry.

Driving home like a complete idiot to get showered and going down the Fosse Way at over 100mph (dead straight road, 1030 at night), what's coming the other way? Yep, the rozzers........I think being head to toe in slurry convinced them I was in a rush to get showered!!!! Managed to get off with a slapped wrist as they had no proof.....

Worst Friday night I have ever had!!!

According to sparks1973 in the thread " meter tails too long" I may have implied applying diversity to instantaneous water heaters, and as such must now be punished by torture or death. In my defense it was a slip of the tongue and I have never conversed with the devil or the NIC EIC.

Used to work for a farmer during Summer a few years back, and was sat on the slurry pump while he was out spreading the slurry around the fields. 10pm at night and he calls to say switch the pump off and pack up, all done. Great thinks I, Friday night, in the pub for a few before closing........

Disconnected the pipe going from pump into slurry tank, everything is turned off, I forget that although the pump is off, there is an amount of slurry in this 12 inch pipe that is under pressure......undid the big clips and WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! Head to toe in slurry.

Driving home like a complete idiot to get showered and going down the Fosse Way at over 100mph (dead straight road, 1030 at night), what's coming the other way? Yep, the rozzers........I think being head to toe in slurry convinced them I was in a rush to get showered!!!! Managed to get off with a slapped wrist as they had no proof.....

Worst Friday night I have ever had!!!

Is the Fosse Way in Chedworth or near?

Ok if you insist, but can I be burnt on friday, I've got to install some lights tomorrow with just the use of some toilet roll tubes and sticky back plastic and satans will, oh sh*t alright I am a witch burn me then.

Not my mistake, but one a friends employee made...

Doing some building work for a client, a hole needed to be drilled through an outside wall...

Unfortunately, directly the other side of that wall was the recently filled oil tank!

Cue nearly 1000 litres of oil, a foot deep in the conservatory!

Reply to What Mistakes Have You Done? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net