Discuss What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You're all welcome to use an ad blocker, that's no secret @pirate :D

You could also subscribe (although Esteemed members usually don't see so many ads, if any at all) to remove them AND sponsors banners.

But yeah, get me the URL of the advertiser and I can block them fully across our network.

Ad-wise though, refer to the other thread somewhere.

I'm offering out the Google ads to a company who take over that for me and optimise it, so we're just running some code around that wont stay around long enough for me to create 'rules' around the code so that certain groups don't see them etc.

So hang in there for me and I'll keep you posted to make sure we're all on the same page.

The company I'm considering is based across the pond though so the replies to my queries take some time to get answered and visa versa.

Also, just though, I think there's a little icon you can click to report the ad generally so that Google get notified of it and remove it fully. That might be the way to go with this one?

You could also subscribe (although Esteemed members usually don't see so many ads, if any at all) to remove them AND sponsors banners.

But yeah, get me the URL of the advertiser and I can block them fully across our network.

I'm offering out the Google ads to a company who take over that for me and optimise it, so we're just running some code around that wont stay around long enough for me to create 'rules' around the code so that certain groups don't see them etc.

So hang in there for me and I'll keep you posted to make sure we're all on the same page.

The company I'm considering is based across the pond though so the replies to my queries take some time to get answered and visa versa.

Also, just though, I think there's a little icon you can click to report the ad generally so that Google get notified of it and remove it fully. That might be the way to go with this one?
Just to note, it made me laugh a little, on this post that is debunking the voltex unit, I had 2 adverts for it showing!!

If anybody has a customer who has one, i will pay them what they spent on it so I can take it apart and see what is in it and run a few tests on it to see just how well it cleans up my "dirty sinewave" that i so obviously have at home!!

I actually considered buying one to see what is in it and test its claims however I dont want to line their pockets and dont believe their xx days return policy if not happy!!

Mine is a generic concern, overall the adds don't bother me - the site needs funding after all.

It's the fact that it appears flooded with scam adverts all with very bad practices - to a casual observer it looks like this is recommended by this site.

After all you go on a professional electrician's site and see recommendations for this product on the site - it may not be obvious to the casual observer that these are random adverts and contrary to good practice

Just to note, it made me laugh a little, on this post that is debunking the voltex unit, I had 2 adverts for it showing!!

If anybody has a customer who has one, i will pay them what they spent on it so I can take it apart and see what is in it and run a few tests on it to see just how well it cleans up my "dirty sinewave" that i so obviously have at home!!

I actually considered buying one to see what is in it and test its claims however I dont want to line their pockets and dont believe their xx days return policy if not happy!!
Big Clive does a few tear downs of these products on YouTube, in summary it's a tiny capacitor between line and neutral!

Ive been closing that particular advert, and flagging it as "inappropriate"
Refresh the page and they all pop back up again.

Ive seen other ads that say "Do this to cut your bills!" with a picture of a turned off circuit breaker... Well, technically that will save you money as you wont be using whatever has been turned off

This is a more viable product.

unnamed.png

Mine is a generic concern, overall the adds don't bother me - the site needs funding after all.

It's the fact that it appears flooded with scam adverts all with very bad practices - to a casual observer it looks like this is recommended by this site.

After all you go on a professional electrician's site and see recommendations for this product on the site - it may not be obvious to the casual observer that these are random adverts and contrary to good practice
People coming to a professional electrical forum are quite savvy I find. If somebody can open Google and put in a search complex enough to end up here, they will mostly be savvy enough to avoid clickbait these days.

You should all (mostly? - depending on your activity here) see less if not no ads at all.

Ideally that ad, and ones like it, need reporting to Google. I think you click the little X in the corner and then click ad is scam or spam and then if enough do it their ad gets removed.

Me hiding the ads from you hasn't remove their ad from the internet as a whole I'm afraid.

And even if I blocked it from out sites, it still exists.

It's akin to a facebook ad that though when I had a quick look. Just clickbait. And I didn't click it. That's the best way to stop them showing it. Just ignore it.

You can't fix the internet. It broke years ago lol

This is the first time I have seen this? I find it quite comical and disturbing at the same time,@ Dan nobody can fix the internet :) and their will always be somebody trying to make a quick buck regardless of the consequences.

Reply to What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net