Discuss what supply is this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

seppe

only recently qulifide and came across this then pricing a job looks to me like a TN-C-S with the earths coming from cut out but was unsure due to 2 cables going in at the bottom.

Attachments

• what supply is this? supply - EletriciansForums.net
    supply.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 107
only recently qulifide and came across this then pricing a job looks to me like a TN-C-S with the earths coming from cut out but was unsure due to 2 cables going in at the bottom.

Its a TN-C-S (PME) System. the cutout have been changed to suit. It does state on your photo that its a PME but if you want to double check contact the supplier.

Depending on your planned work (i.e. if your thinking of a rewire) you may need to contact the supplier anyway to uprate the fuse?

TN-C-S Drawing Attached.

PS: Interesting to see the difference in the colour of the L & N meter tails!

Last edited by a moderator:

your 2 cables are probably one in to this house and on out to next.

Its a TN-C-S (PME) System. the cutout have been changed to suit. It does state on your photo that its a PME but if you want to double check contact the supplier.

Depending on your planned work (i.e. if your thinking of a rewire) you may need to contact the supplier anyway to uprate the fuse?

TN-C-S Drawing Attached.

PS: Interesting to see the difference in the colour of the L & N meter tails!

bl@@dy hell, Nothing wrong with your eye sight :)

This is TN-C-S the 2 cables are one in and one out and the other does link to another property, this was common practice by the Electricity Boards to save running two cables to properties where the cutouts where in the same location i.e. back to back on adjoining walls. ( Ex Electricity Board sparky )

Thanks TOG for your knowledge have seen similar my self specially in towns, terraced houses other comments were spot on .

Reply to what supply is this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock