Discuss What transformer is required for this adapter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ubar1981

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope I’m posting this in the right place, please give me a kick if I’m not. :) I have attached two photographs. Can anyone please tell me what transformer I need to buy to be able to use this item? I have seen transformers for sale in various places, most of them are for 120 to 240, but I’m not convinced that is what I need given the specification is written on this adapter. I want to make sure I’m not about to blow a fuse or fry myself.

Can you tell that I’m a civilian rather than an electrician? ?

What transformer is required for this adapter? 43D3467F-B3AC-4B3A-BDF7-BA30F4C34126 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• What transformer is required for this adapter? 5ADBE7B7-EC3B-448A-89CA-DABC686632E7 - EletriciansForums.net
    5ADBE7B7-EC3B-448A-89CA-DABC686632E7.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for replying so quickly. I thought it would take something other than a travel plug because I haven’t seen a plug with those two holes in the pins before. It didn’t look like the usual American plug. So I really do just need a travel adapter? If so, that’s great news I can buy one of those later today!

But you need a travel adaptor designed for 'foreigners'... I.e. it has a set of UK square pins on it. The easily available (to us in the UK) ones are designed with US/EU/Aus prongs on.

Don't just get one that says "travel adaptor" on it... it may be the wrong sort.

You’ve all been a great help, thank you. Can you imagine the look on someone’s face if I went into a shop and asked to buy a travel adapter at the moment? ??

You’ve all been a great help, thank you. Can you imagine the look on someone’s face if I went into a shop and asked to buy a travel adapter at the moment? ??
get one off ebay. don'tforget you need US to UK, not UK to US. (go by the picture).

Reply to What transformer is required for this adapter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock