Discuss When is the 18th Edition not the 18th Edition? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone can pass the multi choice exam on BS7671 Regs without understanding it or even having any site experience. Colleges don't teach the Regs they teach you how to pass the exam.

Good luck passing the Design and Verification exam on the Regs without a thorough understanding of the Requirements for Electrical Installations, which is BS7671, commonly known as the Regs.

Where does that come from?

Here

Hi Dillb
The OSG from the IET states the 100Amp max as well, introductions page 11
And I quote "this guide is restricted to installations"
a) at a supply frequency of 50hz
b) at a nominal voltage of 230Vac single phase or 400/ 230 Vac 3 phase
c) supplied through a distributors cut-out having a fuse rated at 100A or less to one of the following standards
BS 88-2
BS 88-3
BS88-6
BS 1361 TYPE 2

Colleges don't teach the Regs they teach you how to pass the exam.

That's what the guy who was doing out 17th ED course said to us.
"I'm not here to teach you the regs but to pass the exam"

Maybe we can just buy the exam success book for any course and sit a £50 exam. Then the buggers charging hundreds of pounds for the same thing can get a proper job and do a day's work

Reply to When is the 18th Edition not the 18th Edition? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I'm working sub contract for a plumbing company installing Air source heat pumps, they have there MCS audit coming up and have asked if...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views
Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock