Discuss when to use lsf? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

brs73

-
Reaction score
in what domestic applications would it be neccesary to use lsf cable.
i'm starting a rewire of a grade 2 listed 8 bedroom cottage .5000 square feet.
does anybody know what regulations cover this????

I would contact the council or heritage trust (?) and ask them.

Listed buildings are the biggest pain to do because of various rules.

Hi

sorry to drag up an old post, but does anybody know the regs for when you should or shouldn't use LSF. Lets say the electrician is the designer as well as the installer. What is the level, is it all public buildings or ones that cater for over a certain number? Would you install LSF in a care home if so why?

Regards

Reply to when to use lsf? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Rewiring an old farm cottage… every wall brick and previous wiring not done well at all. I can’t locate any of the prescribed zones diagrams on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm completely rewiring a 9 bed 3 storey HMO in Jan, The fire detection required is just some linked lithium detectors in the...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
Hey, I want to use an old xbox 360 PSU- 12V 175W output- for my 12V sup pump (pump/air compressor). When I connected the PSU to the pump...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock