Discuss When's A2 coming out? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing that the scams are already peddling pre-orders, does anyone know when Ammendment 2 is being published?

End of March

Allegedly

£75 I think.
Sounds about right. That'll be some reading time on a tour bus, then. Oh - and don't forget the additional cost of a new OSG to go with it......

Sounds about right. That'll be some reading time on a tour bus, then. Oh - and don't forget the additional cost of a new OSG to go with it......
Yup.

Plus GN1, GN2, ..... right through, all marked as updated in line with A2.

So £99 + £38 + £40 + £35 +.......

Less the 25% - whoopee!

Anyone else think they just make amendments to scam us out of money.. I mean how do you write a regs book and then straight away start talking about amendments to that regs book that you have just released... Can you imagine if Sparkies did that.. Ok mr customer here is your new ring final circuit all installed and tested ok for you, now in a years time there is going to be some changes so ill come back and rewire it all for you in a years time, dont worry though ill change the colour so you know you getting something different but you will need that new colour and a complete rewire even though there are only relatively minor changes and 99% will be the same and I will have to charge you full price again.. Cya

Do you use the OSG much? I've never got on with it or structure and find the ProCerts "Electrical Tools" app much quicker to use. I'd pretty much decided not to get the next OSG.
When's A2 coming out? 1642787563569 - EletriciansForums.netWhen's A2 coming out? 1642787766461 - EletriciansForums.net

Yeah it is beyond a joke really and not very green to be throwing away books every 2 or so years! They should be in a binder and just pull out the bits/sections that have changed and insert new ones!
I have a lot of the old ones back to about the last 15th edition and onwards they are a weighty bunch now and will be adding more to them again in March!

Yeah it is beyond a joke really and not very green to be throwing away books every 2 or so years! They should be in a binder and just pull out the bits/sections that have changed and insert new ones!
I have a lot of the old ones back to about the last 15th edition and onwards they are a weighty bunch now and will be adding more to them again in March!

I am sure the IET will reply that you can buy an online subscription so its available electronically.. But of course then you pay a yearly subscription.. Ill probably buy the BS7671 book just because that will be required by CPS but think I will keep the old onsite guide. I am sure as soon as the new amendment is released they will announce the 19th edition in a few years which will be more books and then money out on a test.. Kerching..

However you have it be it paper or digital they get their pound of flesh!
It really boils my pee that all reference books are so ridiculously expensive, ok so I appreciate that time has gone into writing and printing them but they should be affordable to all!
I have a 5 year old and wish to help her to read and write, the books that will help her are from £40 to £90 each, yes each!! I will still buy them though most likely second hand as I wish her to have the best chances she can in life!
But it is an obscene amount of money for something that is only usefull for 1 term at school and then I have to do it all again for year 2, 3, ect!😠

Is that a one off purchase, or do you need to buy it again after each amendment to BS7671?
So far it’s been one off purchase. Website says free updates. I’ve only had it since 18th edition and I don’t thing there’s anything in the app related to EV points that needed changing for amendment 1.
We’ll see!

So far it’s been one off purchase. Website says free updates. I’ve only had it since 18th edition and I don’t thing there’s anything in the app related to EV points that needed changing for amendment 1.
We’ll see!
Thanks, I've emailed them to ask. It looks like a handy app, looks like they have several apps as well, the very basic calculators might be handy if having a brain fart.

Thanks, I've emailed them to ask. It looks like a handy app, looks like they have several apps as well, the very basic calculators might be handy if having a brain fart.
My understanding is that the "Electrical Tools" app includes the functionality of several of the other apps.
I'd be interested in their response!

My understanding is that the "Electrical Tools" app includes the functionality of several of the other apps.
I'd be interested in their response!
Even though it's Saturday they haven't been slow to reply...here you go:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Whilst we cannot guarantee there won’t be any future costs, to date since launch (in 2013) we have been able to apply updates without charging any extra for those updates and we hope to continue this for a long as we can sustain it.

See the update changelog here: Electrical Tools and Reference - The Electrician's App - Pro Certs Software - https://www.procertssoftware.com/electrical-tools-and-reference/#1593955718814-8190768b-403e

Kind regards,

Pro Certs Support.

Reply to When's A2 coming out? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock