Discuss which 18v cordless drill/driver.. ?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I used to be Makita all the way but have been using the Blue Bosch series for about 12 months and they blind the Makita IMO.

I only buy Bosch Professional, IMO they are the best you can buy, I am a bit of a Bosch person

I have the following items if you want an opinion on them or anything:

- Bosch GBH36-VFLI Corless 36V Lithium-ion SDS+ Hammer Drill with QCC
- Bosch GOP 250CE 240V All-Purpose Multi-Cutter
- Bosch GDX18-VLI-XL 18v Cordless Impact Wrench / Driver
- Bosch GSB18-VE2-LIRS 18v Combi Drill
- Bosch GWS18-125 V-LI 125mm Cordless Angle Grinder
- Bosch GKS18 V-LI Cordless Circular Saw
- Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Random Orbital Sander
- Bosch GLL 3-80 P Three Line 360 Degree Laser Level

I only buy Bosch Professional, IMO they are the best you can buy, I am a bit of a Bosch person

I have the following items if you want an opinion on them or anything:

- Bosch GBH36-VFLI Corless 36V Lithium-ion SDS+ Hammer Drill with QCC
- Bosch GOP 250CE 240V All-Purpose Multi-Cutter
- Bosch GDX18-VLI-XL 18v Cordless Impact Wrench / Driver
- Bosch GSB18-VE2-LIRS 18v Combi Drill
- Bosch GWS18-125 V-LI 125mm Cordless Angle Grinder
- Bosch GKS18 V-LI Cordless Circular Saw
- Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Random Orbital Sander
- Bosch GLL 3-80 P Three Line 360 Degree Laser Level

Hi Mate
I looking at gsr 18 ve-2-li pro with 2x 4ah batteries, wats the difference between gsr and your gsb combi drill

Isn't this thread just 'going around the buoy again'? Is there a problem with the search function?

Members are entitled to start new threads if they wish, however they're not allowed to Troll, which can probably be found using the search function!!

depends what you are looking for. i stick to makita as i already have the batteries, ill admit the combi i just picked up is a lot more powerful than i need.

the only time it stops spinning is when it tweaks your wrist so you let go of the trigger. its down to personal preference at the end of the day to what brand you use.

use black and decker or hili etc if you like

i've got a set of t a cordless pyjamas. always good for a laugh. :ack2:

Post #1

hi all, looking at drill/drivers, wat do u all use.. ang good deals out there

Post #2

I used to be Makita all the way but have been using the Blue Bosch series for about 12 months and they blind the Makita IMO.

Post #3

Isn't this thread just 'going around the buoy again'? Is there a problem with the search function?

No circles on this thread? Only a member asking for advise from other time served electricians on what tool is best? It's called conversation and helpfulness!

Think I'll take my glasses back to Spec Savers and get them re calibrated because I cant see a circle.

if you do go for makita get the dhp481 brushless model i got it for £124 body only

send me a message if you would like advice on where to buy

what model do you guys recommend in the brand you guys use e.g default,bosch and Milwaukee

uksparks there are different sites that are better for certain brands.

for example toolstop regually has drills on offer and for makita fast-fix.co.uk is usually reasonable (fast-fix only sell makita) there are bound to be sites specifically for bosch,milwaukee etc but i havent looked

Post #1

Post #2

Post #3

No circles on this thread? Only a member asking for advise from other time served electricians on what tool is best? It's called conversation and helpfulness!

Think I'll take my glasses back to Spec Savers and get them re calibrated because I cant see a circle.

of course you got circles. it's the way a drill works. the chuck goes round in circles. ( unless it's power devil, then it's triangles.)

course

Was just about to post a new thread but will hijack this one instead sort of.

I'm goin to purchase, most likely a makita , 18v set. However should I go brushless. Have heard conflicting stories.

Was thinking of getting 18v combi, in pact driver and sds. Also which models would you recommend? A guy I know struggles with a makita when drilling 3 inch holes in boards. Told me to go for the next size up

Was just about to post a new thread but will hijack this one instead sort of.

I'm goin to purchase, most likely a makita , 18v set. However should I go brushless. Have heard conflicting stories.

Was thinking of getting 18v combi, in pact driver and sds. Also which models would you recommend? A guy I know struggles with a makita when drilling 3 inch holes in boards. Told me to go for the next size up
the 481 has over 100nm torque, i drilled some 110mm holes in a steel 50 cal ammo box and it didnt have a problem at all. (the steel is very thick)

the stubby sds 243 is good.

if your after a drill and impact driver have a lool at DLX2040TJ.

there both good and it ranges from 300-400 depending on if you choose 3 or 5ah batteries etc

Last edited:
https://sydneytools.com.au/makita-dlx4029m-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-4pce-cordless-combo-kit-12730?___SID=U

The above kit looks great but isn't brushless. It is the 458 combi and BTD146 impact. Or do I go brushless for similar price but no torch or grinder ? I am definetly purchasing the DHR242z SDS to go with whichever kit I buy.

https://sydneytools.com.au/makita-d...on-cordless-brushless-2pce-combo-kit?___SID=U
its upto you, the 458 is a good drill. the brushes lasted me less than a year. (£6-10 for brushes and holder if you need it)

there easy to repair, i went brushless this time but it is nearly double the body only price

Reply to which 18v cordless drill/driver.. ?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net