Discuss Which 2391-52 course recommended ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

adbigg

-
Reaction score
There seem to be so many courses available with varying prices for the 2391-52 course/exam.
Some are £500 dearer .
Any one recommend a particular one they thought was good / ensured you passed ?
Apart from picking a local one, I am in the Midlands, I am not sure which would be the best and would appreciate any advice as to which company to book with ?
Ta

check with XS training (forum sponsor).

Double check they are advertised correctly. You can do the 2391-50 and 2391-51 which are the separate courses and will each be cheaper than the combined course. The 2391-52 is both rolled together but is probably cheaper than the sum of the separate courses.

Nkt sure about midlands but in Bristol / west country i can recommend morris services in kingswood for the 2391-52. Good tutor and well run course. Paid around £900 for course on thursdays over several weeks. Its not one of the 5 day cram it in jobs where you are taught to pass but learn nothing. You are taught the stuff with time for discussion etc. Classes small too. In mine there were 4 of us.

If you can make your way over to the south west there are some places with access to European Social Funding. Focus Training / DCET are drawing this down and reduces cost by about 50% but only in Exeter, Bristol and Plymouth I believe

There seem to be so many courses available with varying prices for the 2391-52 course/exam.
Some are £500 dearer .
Any one recommend a particular one they thought was good / ensured you passed ?
Apart from picking a local one, I am in the Midlands, I am not sure which would be the best and would appreciate any advice as to which company to book with ?
Ta
I’ve just done one in West Brom optima training i did both courses including 18th for 1200 I highly recommend them

hello all,

im thinking about doing my 2391-52 the combined course just wondering if anyone has done it recently and if its as difficult as everyone says?

Also what sort of stuff do you do during the 5 days? just go through testing results and reasons for dogey results etc? and at the end of the 5 days what are the exams etc?

cheers

If you do testing day in day out it wont be a problem.

Hardest bit is getting your head round coding.
Once you stop thinking I don’t like it or it’s not to current regs so it must have a code mentality and start thinkingthis is not immediately or potentially dangerous you’ve cracked it.

Ive done EICRs that I would be ashamed if I’d nstalled it but it’s got a satisfactory because there is nothing immediately or potentially dangerous.

If you do testing day in day out it wont be a problem.

Hardest bit is getting your head round coding.
Once you stop thinking I don’t like it or it’s not to current regs so it must have a code mentality and start thinkingthis is not immediately or potentially dangerous you’ve cracked it.

Ive done EICRs that I would be ashamed if I’d nstalled it but it’s got a satisfactory because there is nothing immediately or potentially dangerous.

cheers i do test quite regularly the codes can be a problem if i'm honest its just knowing what code is what, i've got the basics such as the plastic board c3, no board schedule c3, cooker switch within 300mm of hob etc..

Ive started reading through my guidance notes 3 rigorously, and when i get undesirable test results doing my best to understand why i have them and rectify them, in the exam what does that comprise off? 60 question multiply choice exam? testing on a rig and explaining your test results? is there any fault finding part?

cheers

I have recently done it and if you are familiar with GN3 know the testing procedures and carry out regular testing it is not that hard. I would say about 60% of the questions were ones i would say you should know from memory if working in the trade. the other 40% require a bit of thought but again not too difficult.
Out of my course of 4 2 failed the multi choice exam,one hadnt worked in trade for over 10 years, the other was doing his property up! myself and another electrician both passed with 90%
The written part consisted of 3 or 4 questions and was not difficult, things such as describe the safe isolation process for a single phase board, describe where you would find selv and what to test and where quoting a reg, its all open book too. use GN3 and the example test sheets as the relevant item on the example sheet gives reg numbers!
The multi choice exam if you study isnt that hard, its more down to how City and Guilds write the questions, take your time and its not too bad.
Practical is down to common sense, they tell you what to test and just be methodical and dont rush.
Tutor said there has never been a better time to sit the 2391-52 as its open book, multi choice. Did it one day a week for several weeks, far better than these centres who cram it all in over 3 or 4 days. no time to discuss things or ask questions.
Will say though that the 2391-52 has 60 questions across both initial and periodic so better than doing each separately and getting 2 exams of 40 questions.

Reply to Which 2391-52 course recommended ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock