Discuss Which wall chaser for under £600? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sshokooh

I am trying to decide which chaser to buy and would be very grateful if those of you good people who are using chaser give a quick reveiw of their models listing good and bad points.
Thanks in advance
Stephen

this will leave you plenty of change for beer and has the added advantage of not filling the room with dust.

Armeg SDS Plus Scutch Comb Chisel | SDS Plus Chisels | NoLinkingToThis

:freak:

this will leave you plenty of change for beer and has the added advantage of not filling the room with dust.

Armeg SDS Plus Scutch Comb Chisel | SDS Plus Chisels | NoLinkingToThis

:freak:

ha ha.

I've got a cheap one BUT even connected to a decent hoover, you still fill the space with dust....

found that sds scutch chisel rubbish, the combs come out a lot, you need to make them straight with a a hammer very often.

for chaser - just looked at fleabay, theres a second hand hilti for £325. it can get no better than that.
spare change will give you a hoover.

bosch have a nice dust shields for their grinders in new range of tools, i prefer cutting with a grinder, can see what im doing and lighter too.

I use an angle grinder, 4 1/2 inch or 9 inch, whichever is best for what particular job I am doing, you can see exactly what you are doing and I find that there is less dust, especially if you are using the metal, diamond tipped masonry discs and not the silicon carbide ones. Does make it so you have to do two runs for each channel though.

I have the makita chaser which is very good. I would spend more money on the dust extraction. If I had 600 I would get an m class vac and the erbauer chaser from screwfix as I killed 3 vacs before finding the Bosch gas 35 m class. The thing is bulletproof!

I got this
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbauer-erb383wch-125mm-wall-chaser-230-240v/58708?filtered=true
Along with this
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/nilfisk-...5ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/66972?_bck=1

A whole set up including chaser and dust extraction for £250, I thought even if it only lasted 2 or 3 re-wires it would have paid for itself 5 years later and the set up is still going strong. The nilfisk has power take off too,
so the vac starts up as soon as I pull the trigger on the chaser.

I got this
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbauer-erb383wch-125mm-wall-chaser-230-240v/58708?filtered=true
Along with this
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/nilfisk-...5ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/66972?_bck=1

A whole set up including chaser and dust extraction for £250, I thought even if it only lasted 2 or 3 re-wires it would have paid for itself 5 years later and the set up is still going strong. The nilfisk has power take off too,
so the vac starts up as soon as I pull the trigger on the chaser.

I have the Makita chaser and Hoover and brought exactly the same Hoover and chaser you have when doing a big rewire so could have 2 people chasing and IMO it's just as good as the Makita setup but half the price.

Reply to Which wall chaser for under £600? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net