Currently reading:
Who is the best to register with ?

Discuss Who is the best to register with ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I too was a member of Elecsa Approved Contractor scheme.
They are fantastic and their tech help is superb.

Unfortunately, I have had to leave them and join NICEIC Approved Contractor scheme, due to loosing about 4 big contracts for periodics and some smaller ones as well.

Elecsa did speak to the relevant councils but to no avail.

If only Elecsa promoted themselves more, radio, TV newspapers etc, then maybe people would get to know them more.
Shame really,
Sav

I too was a member of Elecsa Approved Contractor scheme.
They are fantastic and their tech help is superb.
Unfortunately, I have had to leave them and join NICEIC Approved Contractor scheme, due to loosing about 4 big contracts for periodics and some smaller ones as well.
Elecsa did speak to the relevant councils but to no avail.
If only Elecsa promoted themselves more, radio, TV newspapers etc, then maybe people would get to know them more.
Shame really,
Sav

Yep my main work is with the councils. NICEIC is a must, or you can just forget it.

I don't mind joining them. I don't see that as an issue. It's just when they print things in there publications that are wrong ( discussed on here i believe) and I remember some of the things the inspector came out with at my previous company. Makes me wonder what I'm getting into. Let alone how much more it costs lol.

Like most of the comments on here my company need to be NICEIC to carry the contracts out. I am the QS for my company and we have over 150 engineers, I have made a audit sheet that i carry out on my egineers to make sure that there workmanship is up to a high standard and that they working to the 17th. I assess them like i am assessed by the NICEIC. Like Mr Enigma said i hadnt heard of elesca untill i started this forum.

I'm not sure that insurance Insurance companies or any local authority have the right to exclude Government Approved providers. This smacks of monopoly trading that's open to all sorts of abuse and corruptive practices....

Not that i have any sympathies for any of these provers, but i can't see how any company or local government body can exclude other approved providers that offer exactly the same service!! Basically, this is unfair trading at it's worst...

Those poor other providers are being scammed! lol!!!

Lol. The thing is whos going to stop them......
I joined eca thinking that they would be equally recognised..... I was wrong.
I can't be bothered with the Agro of arguing and explaining every phone call for a EICR LOL!!

Reply to Who is the best to register with ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock