Discuss Who needs qualifications in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lister

Check out photo;
"Well", said the customer "I've done all the electrics myself, I've spured off that socket to feed those other THREE DOUBLES in the kitchen"
and then used words like "part wot?"
part P sir;
I Quoted and left...............

If you look closley at pic you can see the socket front is cracked to the live where he's chipped his way through!!!.

Numpties you gotta love em!

Attachments

• Who needs qualifications Image000 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image000.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 206
Just another example of what a joke part p has become. Whilst the intentions behind it are admirable, the majority of householders either aren't aware that it even exists or simply dont care.

I dont much yet only just started my 2330 but arnt the wires spose to be chased into the wall or atleast in trunking?

looking at that picture mate, they shouldn't be there at all, you cant spur 3 sockets from one point on a ring anyway plus if you look really closely at the live pin on the socket you can see where it's been overheating.

Check out photo;
"Well", said the customer "I've done all the electrics myself, I've spured off that socket to feed those other THREE DOUBLES in the kitchen"
and then used words like "part wot?"
part P sir;
I Quoted and left...............

If you look closley at pic you can see the socket front is cracked to the live where he's chipped his way through!!!.

Numpties you gotta love em!

Disgraceful he deserves everything that comes to him!.....

...I would love him to have to explain that one to the insurance company!

Cracking and signs of over heating at the socket pin (I cocked up here lol ;)).......I would leave him to it. A small job in that property could unravel a whole can of worms!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry warren but i have to disagree, the right hand pin is the live pin, think about wiring a plug top, fuse is on the right side so is live pin.

OH GET A GRIP PEOPLE ITS ON THE LEFT (looking at socket outlet)!!!!!!!!!!

The burn in the socket outlet is on the neutral pin.

OH GET A GRIP PEOPLE ITS ON THE LEFT (looking at socket outlet)!!!!!!!!!!

The burn in the socket outlet is on the neutral pin.

I was right after all..........thought I was losing it there and edited my post!............time for a cuppa I think :D

I am losing it.......it is as the guys say..........the burn't socket is on the Live pin.......phew who started this?

Last edited by a moderator:
the bottom line is that what he has done works..................................<or been like this for ages> or "ive never had any problems with it".....and thats the problem, spurs in 1.5mm2 overloaded circuits etc, people rarley see anything wrong till it goes wrong.part p is a crock, its just introduced a wave of quote "qualified" but ill experianced folk into a field already full of people like numpty mentioned in post.please dont think i think all part p/no previous exp are dangerous,the fact your reading this means you give a s@@@ and on here to learn and gain info,we all gotta start somwhere,no one was born with a megga in their hand! as long as they sell it in b and q etc the longer it goes on.........

And there in lies the problem CUDABOY as long as the diy superstores are allowed to sell cable, trunking, sockets, switches etc part p will always be worthless. Unless the law is changed to stop this then instances of work like you mentioned will always be found.

And there in lies the problem CUDABOY as long as the diy superstores are allowed to sell cable, trunking, sockets, switches etc part p will always be worthless. Unless the law is changed to stop this then instances of work like you mentioned will always be found.

agree with you there 100%, i think when your are a member of a part p scheme you should receive a card which entitles you to purchase gear from the likes of b&q etc, then joe public cant buy any gear off the shelf.

it will never happen, about a year ago i was in b&q and walked passed them how to leaflets they do, on was how to wire a consumer unit!

Who needs qualifications {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Who needs qualifications in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock