Discuss Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

General Election 2015 poll

• Conservative

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Not voting this time

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There are no real Politicians. Just jumped up kids, who have embarked as career politicians with little or no experience of thereal world. That goes off all parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - SNP landslide on Scotland, Tories come through, as expected and some big names loose their seats (Ed Balls) - The British People have spoken, shares are up, sun is shining, i'm off to work to pay off the deficit. cheers P&S

There's nothing like a good, well thought through & reasoned reply.

Makes you proud to be a member of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingers crossed Cameron now has the cojones to stamp on the more extreme elements of his party and make decisions in the best interests of the country rather than simply to keep the backbenchers happy...lest he make the mistakes of John Major and wind up with various knives in the back....One area where Thatcher got it right...keep the mice in line or they start squeaking amongst themselves.....
He is party leader so needs to show leadership and put his foot down - my way or the highway, as up till now he has let the backbenchers call the tune, even when the tune has been off key....

Fair enough have a referendum on europe...but stamp on the half truths etc and show just how much trade goes both ways, the benefits we get (free movement, ability to work in any EU nation without a visa, preferential access to markets, common standards which then cut down the cost of stuff (bigger market, lower unit cost) along with the truth on what it costs compared to what money it brings in, and how much we would gain or lose financially (I'm betting on a loss). Plus when the Americans reckon we are better off in Europe...that says something...

What I'd like to see from this government - movement to a federal UK, each part with its own parliament, sort of like Australia but not...

Which would then answer the West Lothian question, English issues dealt with only by English MPs, ditto for Scotland, Wales, NI. I think it would also remove a lot of ill feeling....each country raises and spends its own income but contributes a set amount per person to the "federal govt" to cover defence, passports etc etc) devolve the rest to each "state" - health, education, welfare, speed limits.

Though quite where an English Parliament would be, given they want to decant MPs from westminster for several years to do major repairwork is another question...

Fingers crossed Cameron now has the cojones to stamp on the more extreme elements of his party and make decisions in the best interests of the country rather than simply to keep the backbenchers happy...lest he make the mistakes of John Major and wind up with various knives in the back....One area where Thatcher got it right...keep the mice in line or they start squeaking amongst themselves.....
He is party leader so needs to show leadership and put his foot down - my way or the highway, as up till now he has let the backbenchers call the tune, even when the tune has been off key....

Fair enough have a referendum on europe...but stamp on the half truths etc and show just how much trade goes both ways, the benefits we get (free movement, ability to work in any EU nation without a visa, preferential access to markets, common standards which then cut down the cost of stuff (bigger market, lower unit cost) along with the truth on what it costs compared to what money it brings in, and how much we would gain or lose financially (I'm betting on a loss). Plus when the Americans reckon we are better off in Europe...that says something...

What I'd like to see from this government - movement to a federal UK, each part with its own parliament, sort of like Australia but not...

Which would then answer the West Lothian question, English issues dealt with only by English MPs, ditto for Scotland, Wales, NI. I think it would also remove a lot of ill feeling....each country raises and spends its own income but contributes a set amount per person to the "federal govt" to cover defence, passports etc etc) devolve the rest to each "state" - health, education, welfare, speed limits.

Though quite where an English Parliament would be, given they want to decant MPs from westminster for several years to do major repairwork is another question...
He does not have the Majority to upset his backbenchers. His majority was higher last time round as he had the backup of well behaved Lib Dems. I will give it until next xmas and he will find himself in a John Major position.
When you actually think about it the Tories are going to spend 2 years arguing about Europe and at least 1 year fighting each other to see who/what leads them into the 2020 election and beyond. Tis going to be a turbulent few years IMHO.

Fiver says leadership challenge within a year...he's blinked regards Europe referendum. ...blood in the water....my money is on Boris to stick the knife in first...
I must have blinked at the same time, what have I missed ? - Surely the Tories are not going to commit suicide over Europe (again)...

CMD told his ministers to vote as told or quit over this EU referendum thing....loud objectional noises from the backbenches and CMD did a u turn faster than lightning and blamed the media for misquoting him (which they didn't)

Reply to Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock