Discuss Whole-house/apartment ventilation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SJD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
One of my letting agents has asked me to look at a failed fan unit that extracts the air from several rooms in an apartment (bathrooms, kitchen). The failed unit is an Aereco VMP Hygro (the fan bearings are completely done in). Ideally I would order a replacement and reinstall it (in a ceiling void, with removable cover) - but they are no longer available.

The manufacturer helpfully suggests an alternative replacement model (Aereco V5S) which is quite a different shape, with different size vents (both in the input vents and exhaust vent). Which might or might not fit in the space available, assuming there is enough room to adapt all the ducting sizes.

I have a feeling there are other suppliers of these demand controlled units that might have a better fitting unit, but I don't know if they are compatible with the rest of the Aereco kit. Not having dealt with this type of ventilation before, it is well outside my comfort zone. I kind of want to avoid spending a few hundred £ on a fan unit that either doesn't fit, or doesn't work properly.

Is there anyone in the Windsor/Bracknell area that routinely deals with this type of gear, that I could perhaps pass the job to? Feel free to send me a PM, if interested. Or if you can, feel free to comment (helpfully) here!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, and maybe there is even some other HVAC-type forum that would stand more of a chance of getting a response.

Steve

Cannot you just replace the bearings? Normally it's a simple job and you just take the old race to Brammers or wherever for them to match up.

Thats what I would do, replace the bearings, if thats not possable
then replace the fan motor, they are readily available thru A/C & refrigeration supply houses.
it's sometimes easier than replacing the whole unit.
fixing, in the truest style !

Reply to Whole-house/apartment ventilation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net