Discuss Will modern mini Hagar RCBO's fit this older Hagar board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's a long shot, but do the mini hagar RCBO's fit this board? It's too small to fit standard RCBO's in, even if they lined up on the bus bar. Just trying to give an alternative to a new board to the customer!

Cheers all ?

hagarCU.jpg

Hager are pretty good at keeping to same pattern of breakers for years. 5 yearsa agow i fitted new MCBs in a 1960's 3 phase board.not sure about RCBOs. why not ask Hager, or get one from supplier and try it.

Well, it seems everyone has said they will fit..... apart from the whatsapp Hagar tech department.

If you look closely at my picture you will see that the MCB's are M3 not M6 as in @Pretty Mouth 's picture. The hagar chap said the mini RCBO's would probably fit as a replacement for the M6's but not the M3's.

It would be very interesting if anyone has both of these, or even if you have one, and can post a picture of it so we can see the fittings as the back and bottom and see if they are different (between the M3 and M6). Seems unlikely, but for him to specifically mention this, I expect he's right.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, however It seems the only way I will know for sure is if someone has both of them and posts up a pic (unlikely), or I just take one along and try (haven't even got the quote yet though!). I'll post an update if I get the quote and manage to try one of the mini RCBO's.

Reply to Will modern mini Hagar RCBO's fit this older Hagar board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering if any of you know which RCBOs might fit this old GET board? Cheers in advance!
Replies
Views
What are people fitting in the 3 phase range just lately, I've had a scan at various makes and it seems to be a ---- up between Hager and Wylex at...
Replies
Views
I have an older Crouse Hinds board with a 200A service. Due to recent rehab on the house, I found I have the need to install a sub panel. I...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I have a little conundrum I need to get resolved. I’ve moved an EV charger from a single phase board that was on a 40a breaker and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock