Discuss will part p ever be effective in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

PAUL M

will part p ever be effective while we have the likes of b and q selling consumer units and anything ellse you need to rewire your house,:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone will ever end up being prosecuted as a result of carrying out notifiable work without actually notifying. However, what Part P does do is gives an additional route to prosecution and strengthens any case if someone carries out DIY work which subsequently causes damage, injury or death.

Other than that, in the majority of cases, without actually stripping a house back to the bones, how is anyone ever going to tell that (non-notified) notifiable work has been carried out

All good while ago i researched part p and the only prosecutions wer eof people claiming to be "electricians" charging for work that was downright dangerous its only an issue for homeowners when they come to sell as they will need the documentation i know of one guy who is doing his own full rewire and not worrying about testing or notifying deciding instead to get it tested before selling

Don't even see how it would be an issue when selling your house , I've just bought a house and i know for a fact that it has had all kinds of work electrical work done in the last couple of years which hasn't been notified and there are no test certs either , the seller had no problems selling it to me .

This is the silly thing. They are trying to make out that you won't be able to sell without certs etc etc but hey, it is not a requirement to have a PIR done prior to selling. A thorough surveyor may pick up on things but let's be honest, they are not sparks so will not know line from neutral! Also, unless you pay for a full survey the damn surveyor rarely ventures int ot the house anyway!!

What do you reckon? about 70-80% of work done in domestic properties is falling underneath the Part P 'radar'? Probably not far off. Certs included in HIPS would have squared this away, but they missed an opportunity there

I got called to a house a few days ago because the 2 way switching wasnt working ,can you come and sort it out says the bloke,when i got there the cheeky tw-t had rewired the house himself but didnt know how to wire the 2 way lights ,and he wasnt a spark just a wannabee,and there was no sign of rcd on board, needless to say i made my excuses and did one.

The way they can tell is once someone is hurt they then have to prove that all work is certified, if they cant they get prosecuted. Nothing is ever done until its too late then they complain, "it wasnt my fault"

Reply to will part p ever be effective in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock