Discuss Wiring Bathroom fan/light combo in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tryitall

DIY
Reaction score
I’m replacing an old bathroom fan/light and not sure on wiring because the new one is different.

Currently it is controlled with two switches, one light one fan. The power running into it consists of Ground , neutral-white, black, and red.

Old light/fan fixture has black and white coming out of light, black and white coming out of fan.

New light/fan fixture has black and white coming out of light,
and black ,white AND RED, coming out of fan.

How do I wire this correctly?

TL;DR
Replacing fan/light combo. New fixture has five wires, old one has four. Where does the extra wire get tied to?

Attachments

• C54030E0-9660-445A-8A7D-40436328C1D8.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 3C41B5B2-D453-4B3F-9D35-9B258F854D34.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 4F865DDB-AD4D-4D2A-B23A-E07C37F9E566.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 3
I’m replacing an old bathroom fan/light and not sure on wiring because the new one is different.

Currently it is controlled with two switches, one light one fan. The power running into it consists of Ground , neutral-white, black, and red.

Old light/fan fixture has black and white coming out of light, black and white coming out of fan.

New light/fan fixture has black and white coming out of light,
and black ,white AND RED, coming out of fan.

How do I wire this correctly?
I posted on Facebook instead and it was Solved by a friend

Reply to Wiring Bathroom fan/light combo in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a new bathroom fan. We had an electrician who ran 14/3 into a junction box. The black feeds a led light and the red was...
Replies
Views
I am installing a ceiling fan in a newly built home. The builders have left the wiring for this purpose. In the electrical box on the ceiling I...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing an old 100mm extractor fan in the kitchen with a new one. The old one was a pull cord fan whereas I bought a timer one (no pull...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock