Discuss Wiring Emergency Exit Signs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lex101

Hi All

I picked up a couple of Thorn maintained emergency exit signs to replace faulty ones in a retail park store and when I went to fit them, they only had 3 terminals, L1, N & E. The fixed wiring is in 4 core. Is there anyway of modifying the wiring to get them to work? I connected the permenant feed to the L1 and put a connecror block on the S/L.The fittings I normally buy have a switch line connection too. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the charging light is on then the fitting is working fine. What you seem to have is non- maintained fittings due to the absence of a switched line.

Sounds like non-maintained.

You sure there isn't a link missing between the permanent and switched phase terminals to run it as maintained?

Reply to Wiring Emergency Exit Signs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
I was called to a hall where 6 Ansell maintained exit signs were all dead. They were installed 4 yrs ago. The one that I checked had mains live...
Replies
Views
Recently changed a CU for a friend and today when visiting one of the RFC's RCBOs tripped. It was due attention anyway as open ring and no time to...
Replies
Views
Hey all :-) Hope its chill that I'm here asking questions, I just inherited this old decrepit place in NSW (Australia) and went to wash my hands...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock