Discuss Wiring Mini AHD Engraving Camera in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new Mini AHD camera to replace the old one in my engraving machine. The supplier said I could connect my new 1080p Mini AHD Camera to the Molex 4 pin connector in the engraver. I was told I could cut off the ends, and fix the wires together. I have cut the ends off, but the new camera has 5 cables, and the Molex connector has 4 cables. I have very limited electrical knowledge, and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me which wires should be connected? I have attached a picture. Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_105324881.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

I bought a new Mini AHD camera to replace the old one in my engraving machine. The supplier said I could connect my new 1080p Mini AHD Camera to the Molex 4 pin connector in the engraver. I was told I could cut off the ends, and fix the wires together. I have cut the ends off, but the new camera has 5 cables, and the Molex connector has 4 cables. I have very limited electrical knowledge, and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me which wires should be connected? I have attached a picture. Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Chris

I think you will need go back to the manufacturer. You will need the pinout of the socket on the machine.

Also, did the camera come with details of which wire performs which function?

Do you have a multimeter and any experience using it to measure voltage and resistance? The functions of the wires can usually be discovered by measurement, although as DPG says it might be easier to get the information from source.

I think you will need go back to the manufacturer. You will need the pinout of the socket on the machine.

Also, did the camera come with details of which wire performs which function?
For the wires coming from the camera: yellow and black are for video; and the red, red with white stripe and black are for power.

Do you have a multimeter and any experience using it to measure voltage and resistance? The functions of the wires can usually be discovered by measurement, although as DPG says it might be easier to get the information from source.
I do have access to a multimeter. If you could explain the process for testing the wires, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thats good that you know the camera connections.

As a starting point you could probably work out which are the positive supply and the ground pins of the socket on the engraver.

Reply to Wiring Mini AHD Engraving Camera in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net