Discuss Wooden shed heat detector in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

pig

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been asked advice on installing a smoke detector inside a small wooden shed at the bottom of a garden, which is currently used for spray tanning. I have said that a smoke detector will be of no use as the mist from the machine will constantly sound the alarm. I thought I could fit an Aico heat detector, however am unsure whether the temperature inside the shed could ever raise to over 58 degrees and therefore cause a false alarm? It could be hours before the resident returns home so would be a massive annoyance to the neighbours.

Any thoughts on this?
Regards

the temp. threshold for a heat detector is 85. not 58. that solve your problem?

Would the temp in the shed normally get up to 58 degrees? That's quite high.

Aico technical are very good, and Aico do a multi sensor (Heat & Optical combined) which might be the ideal option in this case.

Would the temp in the shed normally get up to 58 degrees? That's quite high.

I also thought it was unlikely, but not impossible. It's just the thought of it potentially going off for a long period of time before the residents return which would be annoying the neighbours that made me question installing it.

my mistake. never could adapt to this celsius nonsense.

I think the neighbours would be more annoyed at a constant stream of folk turning up looking for a tan...
A sheep is quite a good indicator of heat...but they don't communicate over t'internet, so useless at alerting the owners.
You may think me flippant, but let me tell you a real story...
No, I've changed my mind...not going to hijack yet another thread with my stupid reminiscing...
I might post this story on the off topic random thread thingy I started recently...that way, you can easily ignore my ram blings (did you see what I did there?) by ignoring that thread!
BTW, plaster dust sets off those alarms very quickly...but I do like Aico stuff, and they are very friendly and helpful, in my experience.

A min/max thermometer in the house with a remote probe over a length of Cat5 to the shed may be a budget solution - advantage being you can adjust the audible alarm thresholds to something sensible based on the peak readings you are achieving at different times of the year. I still don't quite see the point though (neither of trying to save a shed full of flammable chemicals that has already caught fire, nor the mindset of the individuals that want to get covered in creosote to match said shed!). As an aside, is this a domestic project or a commercial venture? I can't see any insurer touching it, for all the obvious reasons.

Thinking the other way, if the shed is getting that hot , maybe it needs shading from the sun . Much like a landover safari roof - Double skinned ! ( My Skin will be thickened by responses )

Hi,
I have been asked advice on installing a smoke detector inside a small wooden shed at the bottom of a garden, which is currently used for spray tanning. I have said that a smoke detector will be of no use as the mist from the machine will constantly sound the alarm. I thought I could fit an Aico heat detector, however am unsure whether the temperature inside the shed could ever raise to over 58 degrees and therefore cause a false alarm? It could be hours before the resident returns home so would be a massive annoyance to the neighbours.

Any thoughts on this?
Regards

Yes take the money and run lol

Reply to Wooden shed heat detector in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock