Discuss Worcester Bosch Condensate in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

jc_150

-
Reaction score
Hi all in the forum
I have a Worcester Bosh 12 Ri condensing boiler (vented system) Installed in 2009 and the condensate pipe is leaking where it enters the syphon. The sealing device is what looks like a fibre washer., and there is an O ring at the top end of the syphon. I have the installation manual but apart from it saying there is a 22mm adapter and sealing washer in the fitting kit, there is no mention of part numbers for these items. Any help would be appreciated in locating the sealing washer and O ring part numbers or where to buy them, as I have now spent hours trawling the net for them without success.
Thanks in advance
JohnC

try your local Plumb Center. I've found them to be very helpful. take the old seals in and they'll be sure to fix you up.

Think Id get some gas bod bloke from Worcester Bosch to sort that out, probably all part of a service. £120, but money well spent; like what we tell our DIY customers with their poncey light fittings from DIY world, or connecting up Hive thermostats etc ;)

Hi guys. Thanks for the helpful replies. I think my error was trying to find the individual components and not the assembly which comes with the parts I need. And just for the record Midwest, The boiler is on an annual contract with BG, and I reported this issue 2 months ago and an "Engineer" came and just cleaned the syphon out without replacing the fibre washer or O ring. and now it is leaking again. So much for the professionals, that is why I as a mere DIY' er want to fix it properly.
JohnC Fiet, Ieng, Cert ed.

Hi guys. Thanks for the helpful replies. I think my error was trying to find the individual components and not the assembly which comes with the parts I need. And just for the record Midwest, The boiler is on an annual contract with BG, and I reported this issue 2 months ago and an "Engineer" came and just cleaned the syphon out without replacing the fibre washer or O ring. and now it is leaking again. So much for the professionals, that is why I as a mere DIY' er want to fix it properly.
JohnC Fiet, Ieng, Cert ed.

Think I'd get them back to comply with your/their contract and fix it, that's what you are paying for, are you not?

Reply to Worcester Bosch Condensate in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net