Currently reading:
Working with incompatible Electricians

Discuss Working with incompatible Electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KennyKen

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just another rant.. was put with a new bloke last week. To say the least it's doing my head in. Don't want to drop the fella in it but it's coming to the point where I might have to have a quiet word. I would honestly rather work on my own. I get more done. Don't get me wrong I like banter. But work and talk or set a target and smash it then relax and have a chat. This guy can talk forever. Don't think I've seen him open his tool bag yet. Anyone else work with a Wally?

Mate honestly it's getting too much.. We're doing 20% tests on commercial and industrial units (20% each year for 5 years = 100%) I started about 8 months ago and they are in year 3 of the cycles. I'm finding so many low IRS due to shared neutrals... these of which are shared with circuits tested previous years with IR readings of >200MOhms. So I'm flagging it up and having to sort out endless faults. Also circuits tested with downlights on.. no fire covers or hoods with floors above and wooden floors, downlights just lashed in connectors. Rubber cables found in a few that have been tested before and picking up around 30 visual defects just wandering around which have clearly been an issue for years. Then on top of this I'm getting sent here there and everywhere to help lads who can't figure out faults. All for £13 a hour as an approved spark. Ducking had enough.

Just another rant.. was put with a new bloke last week. To say the least it's doing my head in. Don't want to drop the fella in it but it's coming to the point where I might have to have a quiet word. I would honestly rather work on my own. I get more done. Don't get me wrong I like banter. But work and talk or set a target and smash it then relax and have a chat. This guy can talk forever. Don't think I've seen him open his tool bag yet. Anyone else work with a Wally?

It's pretty low to slag someone off on an open forum. Maybe if I said his name. Maybe if the forum wasn't predominantly British. Your assumption that I haven't spoken to him already is pretty ignorant. Maybe you should stick to pulling wires.

Rather a contradiction in your two posts, ignorance aside you should at least be aware of what you yourself have written.

foghorn leghorn - Bing video - https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=foghorn+leghorn&view=detail&mid=32CE80622E416CA4EEC632CE80622E416CA4EEC6&FORM=VIRE

I'm going to hijack this thread cause it something similar. Considering jacking my job in tomorrow cause I am getting sick of chasing round following people putting substandard work right. Completely had enough. I also work with a useless apprentice who I feel like ****ting every morning.
Similar thing here, getting tired of sorting out others messes, and the lack of effort and care. Apprentice here is a nightmare, been here a few months. He should know much better as 3rd year but is a total waste of space. It's not so much that he is no good, it's that he doesn't care, and isn't interested in learning that gets me. He's great at causing loads of problems that we never thought it was possible to create, increasing a 20 minute task into one that takes several hours...

Yeah I get that's a world forum. But it's predominantly British. The chances of the fella coming across the forum and see the said post. Realising that's it's him. When no names have been mentioned. No particular work area. I haven't listed the type of work where doing is very slim. More chance of Jesus coming back. Yeah I shouldn't of ranted on here. But so what? I was on ere. I was annoyed. I wanted to ask you lot of you also worked with a Wally. Just added a bit of a back story. So where do I stand to get lynched?

Yeah I get that's a world forum. But it's predominantly British. The chances of the fella coming across the forum and see the said post. Realising that's it's him. When no names have been mentioned. No particular work area. I haven't listed the type of work where doing is very slim. More chance of Jesus coming back. Yeah I shouldn't of ranted on here. But so what? I was on ere. I was annoyed. I wanted to ask you lot of you also worked with a Wally. Just added a bit of a back story. So where do I stand to get lynched?
yeah, with you mug shot on here .

In fancy dress... who wears hat and glasses anyway? I don't see fella out of work. So when I'm wearing hard hat. Glssses. Ear protection. Dust mask like a bandana I look like a member of Antifa. I don't sit in same crib. ---- it be like a game of guess who.... that's why we have names on shirts

I just don't want someone stressing out , over being too PC .
( some countries are so insincere -and too polite )
I love the oz philosophy , check you shoes , or your toes may curl !
--As for Jesus -floods / fire ..eeeek -

I find it a bit childish moaning about someone behind there back. Instead of the 'poor me' act why don't you just have a chat with the bloke. You just say 'I'm busy mate, i have things to get on with'. He will soon get the hint.

Need a T-shirt with this on it Kenny.
20170801_221114.jpg

Reply to Working with incompatible Electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock