Discuss Worlds fastest EICR ? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
On My rented property >

Simple info

1. 9 way split circuit board .Twin RCD etc .
2. 2 x bedrooms . living room, hall and kitchen

total time in property : 25 min.

Testing done

1. test of both RCD's
2. I x socket per circuit tested .

NO lights tested , No remarks about massive damp around double socket and one of the sockets on that plate not working . No removal of C/B cover etc etc etc. No test of earthing/Bonding etc

Paper work to be sent over

No wonder this business is ----ed ...

Here is one socket alone ! left Gang dead in the water .very very corroded and messy inside

Attachments

• IMG_4847.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 43
£75 special by any chance?

They must have spent longer writing the list of LIMS than they did doing the report...?

Thats down to my landlord who has a habit of using the cheapest possible labour and thinking he can fob off tenants
Would be interesting to do a proper one... then send both to the NICEIC or whatever body he's with... see if they do anything about it. Tell them you'll send the verdict in The Daily Mail.

Would be interesting to do a proper one... then send both to the NICEIC or whatever body he's with... see if they do anything about it. Tell them you'll send the verdict in The Daily Mail.
THis has crossed my mind. Today was a " evidence gathering day" They left the check far too late .The 1st April was some time ago. I have evidence of his time in the property .NO plates /sockets removed . Not even a full visual. It was "one socket per room test " and a RCD test . This whole scheme was a farce and its never ever going to be policed . And every property management company can easily find someone to "Be a spark for a hour" and get someone else to copy and paste the document .This is how bad he was.... NOT One screw driver !! Just a Kewtech and a plug/wire/socket lead . I want to see the documents and who signed them first . Old saying "never go to war hungry"

Here is one socket alone ! left Gang dead in the water .very very corroded and messy inside

Not sure the usual "no damage to decor" limitation would excuse not removing that one...

I've been surprised by how much the reading can vary on outlets on the same faceplate...

The one benefit of testing on a non-RCD property - the Zs test is so much quicker!

THis has crossed my mind. Today was a " evidence gathering day" They left the check far too late .The 1st April was some time ago. I have evidence of his time in the property .NO plates /sockets removed . Not even a full visual. It was "one socket per room test " and a RCD test . This whole scheme was a farce and its never ever going to be policed . And every property management company can easily find someone to "Be a spark for a hour" and get someone else to copy and paste the document .This is how bad he was.... NOT One screw driver !! Just a Kewtech and a plug/wire/socket lead . I want to see the documents and who signed them first . Old saying "never go to war hungry"
If/When they do bother to chase things up and hand out any fines, it will likely be to individual landlords, rather than the big boys who have the money to put up an appeal if necessary and pick holes in the law....

A few of mine have slipped into April, but there are 'best effort' reasons for that generally with tenants being difficult or having medical issues.

Thats down to my landlord who has a habit of using the cheapest possible labour and thinking he can fob off tenants
I'm guessing you're planning on taking it further then? Good for you if you are.

I'm guessing you're planning on taking it further then? Good for you if you are.
I will await the certs arriving .Then Call the council Get it logged and ask for an immediate inspection as I believe this is very very common . And 10000's of tenants are been put at risk by greedy landlords

I will await the certs arriving .Then Call the council Get it logged and ask for an immediate inspection as I believe this is very very common . And 10000's of tenants are been put at risk by greedy landlords

The fault is not just with the landlords. This can only happen if dodgy electricians are willing to complete a sham EICR.

Landlords want 'cheap" and a landlord is responsible and knows what a EICR should entail etc . They cannot just excuse it and pretend they had no idea. Some landlords only pay £60 a check etc . it suits them to offer 6 flats and the landlord saves a fortune .The dodgy sparks earns very good money for the day .The tenant is living in a property that could have serious issues ? And what if the guys are not trained at all and just issuing certs ? NO ONE is policing this .Anyone can offer tests and run off with a a lot of money ?

Landlords want 'cheap" and a landlord is responsible and knows what a EICR should entail etc . They cannot just excuse it and pretend they had no idea. Some landlords only pay £60 a check etc . it suits them to offer 6 flats and the landlord saves a fortune .The dodgy sparks earns very good money for the day .The tenant is living in a property that could have serious issues ? And what if the guys are not trained at all and just issuing certs ? NO ONE is policing this .Anyone can offer tests and run off with a a lot of money ?

There are also good landlords who, understandably, do not know anything about electrics, and therefore put their trust in the electrician.

Reply to Worlds fastest EICR ? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net