Discuss Yell.com in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adamh

Hello ppl, has any1 else got experience of being on there? i have been on it just over a month now and will be untill the 20th of december with a 2month free trial they gave me. But i havent had a single call off there i dont think!! apart from spotty youths trying to sell me a mobile phone or debt collection services. I know it's not a good time state of the economy just before xmas etc but still... i dunno ??

Its not great, We've been on it for probably just over a year. Had a few jobs of it, prob around 15 or something. Had a couple of rewires from there and 1 industrial job. thats about it really. Has paid for itself but wont make you a millionaire on its own

i'm in stockport so looks like ill be competeing with you on there lol

Yeah Thompson Diectories the same, you get more calls from them to buy advertising then you do for jobs.

Not to mention the following calls from spotty teenagers trying to sell you advertising on calanders, wall charts for the Police, Fire Brigade etc :(

same here ive been on for about 3 months and had a couple of jobs from it so it about covers its costs, but calls from oinks trying to sell you space on web sites that will get you on the first page of any google search in your area is getting a tad silly and yes at least 3 calls a week about getting a better deal on my mobile phone.

If you state in your add's NO COLD CALLERS at the bottom then register your number with the TPS , this will stop them calling you.....and if a call does come through , take some details of the caller and comp name..then tell them you are with the TPS and you are going to report them...they won't phone back...then you can go onto the TPS site and fill a complaint form in and the TPS will contact them....

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) click that link and get registered to stop these idiots...

p.s.

Once you are registered it will take abou 28 days to be fully effective..if a call does come through though just mention the tps and they will hang up..say sorry etc...just ask them to be removed from their database or you will report them...easy as that.....i don't get any cold callers...not one..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Yell.com in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock