Discuss Yesterdays little heart beat skip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not over the distance of 2 mtrs no. However there is nothing wrong in striving to get the best reading possible on a TT. Hence more arguments on here accepting anything under 200ohms is fine.

Nothing smelly here lol,why not get a good reading like that ive had a few over the years, it is what it is. Been back this afternoon, checked with another mft, and it was 0.19ohms.

No parrallel paths all bonding conductors disconnected at time of testing

Like i said i tested it correctly. Granted i did not quote that i had removed the earth from the MET, but testing correctly is removing it,and opening the switch.

I was back this afternoon, the reading is correct, No parrallel paths the neighbours are on TT there spikes in the garage too.

so can we get back to why was there a clamp on the incomer when there is no earth path on it. The best answer has been power ranger thus far.

View attachment 18586
probably had been TT...but was then upped to
TN-S...which has since degraded/broken down....if this is the case then another good argument for having backup with rod/s.....like if a system is upgraded....then leave the rod/s in place...cant halm can it....

Sorry about the size of image, should have edit it before uploading.

Glennspark, sounds about right what you said. I just like to get my head around why we get these little scenarios. I feel so epic now. lmao

Bloody hell.... as they say.

Old Northern Electric stickers......I've still got a roll of them somewhere with a coil of wire and seals lol
Subbied for them on a 6 month temp contract 24 year ago:).

The thing is Allan the meter is on a wooden block angled towards you, so you didnt have to climb in to read under the stairs tiny cubby hole

The thing is Allan the meter is on a wooden block angled towards you, so you didnt have to climb in to read under the stairs tiny cubby hole

I was based in Alnwick........saw some nice cubby holes up there as well .......hole being the operative word mate !!!

Reply to Yesterdays little heart beat skip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net