Discuss Your opinions please... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARK2B

Hi all, hope you are all out busy earning, or if not at least enjoying yourselves..

could i get your opinions on this please

CITY & GUILDS 2330 LEVEL 2 & 3, 2394, 2395, 2391, 2399, 2393, 2382 + 4 DVD's C&G | eBay

i have now got both textbooks ((electrical installation NVQ and technical certificate book 1 and 2))as advised by the forum (thanks to all for their input).

but was looking at all available info on 2330,....will join swindon massive when it re-opens in september,...

so yer, any input on this ebay item much appreciated

i did ask a member input on a private message but never got a reply, altho i have had issues using the forum recently,...sooooo ?

as always guys and girls,...

much appreciate ay help and suggestions

SPARK2B

After looking at this lot for a tenner, it appears to be decent value, but after also seeing loads of other stuff on ebay for these subjects, i also know that there is a lot of crap out there.

I would advise against wasting any cash on anything to do with City and Guilds unless it is endorsed by them, written by them, or supplied by them. There is plenty of stuff on the market that you can buy, OK its not for a tenner, but it will be of high quality and have the relevant content and terminology. I do buy the odd CD myself, as i teach the C&G courses, but i only get them for curiosity, and i have not seen anything remotely professional in this price bracket.

Cheers.............Howard

I WAS WONDERING,......i am on board with that, seemed too good to be true,..will give it a miss......anything you do suggest for 2330 ?

never seen it, but 10 quid's not gonna break the bank, is it? if it's rubbish, you can just bin it - then come back here and let everyone know it's a waste of time.

don't try and substitute it for your books though.........can't beat a bit of book learning.

wellllll,........wifey poos has done it again, i told her about them on monday,.....just mentioned that i had decided against it and she said,....

....."I have ordered you them"

bless her, so im getting them anyway,......like she said "you spent more than a tenner on your lunch today, so its hardly an issue....

/////............i sense a convo on diet coming up guys........when the dvds come, i shall let you know!..

but yer, agreed, book learning, good stuff, specially when i got the books for ÂŁ8 the pair, used, in exellent condition, amazon.......one was 28p (then postage) and one was ÂŁ2.30 (then postage),.....bargain!!!!!!!

thanks guys!

any more opinions and ideas for study aides welcome...

SPARK2B

That looks alright for a tenner and would be worth the risk as it is not a large amount of money.
If you are enterprising you could get your money back by copying the DVD's and selling them to others on your course.

I could do with something like this for CompEx.

What the hell do you eat for lunch that costs more than a tenner ?

..........well she was refering to today,....i had a chinese buffet ÂŁ7,....pint of coke ÂŁ2.50....

sooo actually she ows me 50p`s worth of apologies!!!

She threatens me all the time coz i ask her about buying things, not permission, just kinda run it by her, she told me to stop or she will divorce me, if i want summin, im to just buy it!!

apparently

.........wheres my tool mag...she will regret that..:dizzy2:

cheers guys

SPARK2B

I would advise learning your stuff, and taking your exams in the confidence you will pass due to your hard worked-at knowledge.
Ordering the answers off the internet won't ensure any sort of learning or knowledge of any subject.

I would advise learning your stuff, and taking your exams in the confidence you will pass due to your hard worked-at knowledge.
Ordering the answers off the internet won't ensure any sort of learning or knowledge of any subject.

like i said, study aide, i was not intending to order answers off of the internet, just want to gather as much in the way of info as i can,.....if i was after the quick fix, id of done a 5 week course wouldn't i and not aligned myself to many years of study and graft....a but thanks for the character summation :seeya:

It wasn't a character summation, that's just your inferrence.
I just commented on the link you provided, that is selling answers to city and guilds exams.

I wish my lunch cost a tenner.

I managed a can of coke, and 2 penguin buscuits for my break :/ and that's not a lie, hard days graft today and i got home and fell asleep.

Sorry for the random and pointless input on my life today, but it had to be put out there.

Forum contribution for the day, over. Hope i've helped lol.

i saw it just as learning from another source, questions and answers, will all be provided throughout the course anyway, this just seemed like a convenient way of compiling them to me, for ease of remembering...

surely any text book you buy, such as the info to pass a driving test, would be, by your standards the same thing,....buying the answers ??

soooo the study guids that city and guilds sell,...same again...becaus they contain questions, practice exams and answers ??

I wish my lunch cost a tenner.

I managed a can of coke, and 2 penguin buscuits for my break :/ and that's not a lie, hard days graft today and i got home and fell asleep.

Sorry for the random and pointless input on my life today, but it had to be put out there.

Forum contribution for the day, over. Hope i've helped lol.

....gave me a laugh, so yes dear fellow, you have contributed!

Completely depends on relevance. City and guilds study guides will offer past questions. Does the eBay listing offer current or past questions and answers ?

......soooo out of the huuuuge amount of questions, if they EVER use the same one twice, thats it ?.....cheatery,....i seemed to have touched a nerve here,......point is, i asked for opinions, and i got them ( i spose) to those who dint feel the need to lose touch with reality, many thanks as always,....

rest assured Andy78, i will not cheat,......i will work my --- off to get qualified, but for some it will never be enough, because i could not have possibly have worked as hard as them,...nooo sir-eeeeeee

and i promise i wont cheat........

Think we have gone wrong here, I'm not accusing you of cheating or not studying hard.
I'm merely suspicious about the content of the listing, which is sketchy at best, certainly breaches copyright laws, and is probably unecesarry to your studies.

Reply to Your opinions please... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net