Discuss YouTube channels worth a look? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jonnyb

-
Reaction score
Hey chaps, there's a few YouTube channels I watch from time to time, sparkyninja is good, very informative. I like John Wards stuff too, very dry delivery. Thomas Nagy's channel is good to have a little cry at London's prices. Any recommendations on what other people have a look at?

I particularly like GSH electrical my favourite by far great for trainees. Thomas nagy channel is ok, John Ward channel is superb along with bigclive

Watch out for my new channel starting early May.

*Vintage & modern electrical & electronic equipment
*How it works, teardowns, repairs, experiments
*Electrical theory, mythbusting, news and views
*Guaranteed no stupid stunts or unnecessary destruction!

First few episodes will include some or all of:

Wiring up an old oilfilled DOL starter
Cleaning up and testing a stage curtain winch and its control gear
An attempt to un-hack a brutally hacked audio mixer
Spot the fake mains cable
Mercury Arc Rectifier demo #1

Will post links and updates here when the first videos are up...

Will my bit of twin & earth appear in the vids
Yes, if I do one on the evolution of T+E and how to tell the various flavours apart. Not a bad idea for a video actually, given the number of enquiries we see on here about imperial sizes, suspected aluminium etc. Won't be soon though, because most of our cable specimens are packed away in deep storage along with 95% of our stuff, until we get to the new exhibition site. One of the problems of having the equivalent of around 20 artic loads of stuff, is getting access to it. Although I can look things up in the database, knowing that I need box 874 from pallet 65 is one thing, getting the box out is another. Item No. 651 (a 6-ton 60kW steam-driven genset) normally turns out to be in the way even if nothing else is. Roll on the day we have this lot out on display...

I am a fan of Jessica Jae on YouTube...as I am in a marine theme in the thread Random Stuff, just for sharing..I have posted a link there for those who like working on engines for a change instead of electrics.

AvE is essential viewing for anyone with a robust sense of humour.
For anyone interested in engineering/machine work then mrpete222, doubleboost, thisoldtony are all worth a look

Most of my favorites mentioned here. John Ward was mentioned; presentations so good when studying I even pay (via Patreon) a small contribution. Could do with being a little faster; a rewind / re-watch is always easy with YT but that's a trap many presenters fall into. Sparky Ninja can be interesting but FAR to much time to get to the point. Overall I'm just grateful so many skilled and experienced people share their knowledge; doesn't happen in all trades and certainly not to the same detail / accuracy.

Reply to YouTube channels worth a look? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net