Discuss 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it might be nice to help other members get a better mental picture of the other reprobates they're sharing the forum with. Obviously in the interests of privacy and security keep any info you post non-specific in nature....

I'll start;

1. I was born on Gibraltar, lived in West Germany and the UK (plus various other places) and I'm now settled in Cape Town. I haven't lived in the UK for about 25 years but still have a house there.
2. I deep sea fish for tuna whenever possible.
3. I have 2 kids, both boys aged 20 and 16 and a wife.
4. I ride motorcycles as often as possible on and off-road.
5. I don't own an Apple product.
6. I do own an American pitbull terrier and several firearms.
7. I started as an apprentice and qualified to HND, eventually completed a bachelors degree at UMIST. I'm also a qualified paramedic (CCA).
8. I've never been a sparky.
9. I only drink very occasionally, don't do drugs but I do smoke.
10. I've never been convicted of a criminal offence (other than traffic fines) but I got arrested when I was 15 for shoplifting in Boots the chemist and again when I was at Uni for protesting the introduction of the Poll Tax.

"4. I ride motorcycles as often as possible on and off-road."

Me too, mainly off road. I compete in Moto X & Trials, mainly trials because I'm a bit too old for the moto x these days. What bikes do you ride?

Born in Bath Somerset
Apprenticed to a small firm in Bath C.P,Vanstones Grove Street, jus off Pulteny bridge.
Don't do Drugs, other than what the Doctor tells me to take daily.
Don't own a gun or a motor bike.
Worked at RAF Colerne after my Apprenticeship finished, moved to MOD(N) cus the bus to Colerne got to expensive.
Worked in Cyprus for a year without my Family as a Foreman of Trades for DofE.
Back to Bath
Moscow USSR for 4 years with FCOServices as Technical Supervisor.
Back to Bath for about 6 months
MOD (Army) Warminster as a Technical Officer
Thatcher stut down DofE PSE mid 1980s
Transfered to FCOServices Milton Keynes
Moved to Northampton
Travelled doing short working Trips all over the world
Did a stint as a TU Rep
Gave up smoking 12 years ago
Don't drink much, I spill most of it
27 Years later retired 2010
Still Married 1 Son (camerbloke)
Started Carp fishing but illness stopped me (brain tumor and Prostate Cancer.
Join this Forum (why I don't know?)
Oh and won a set of CK Stubby screw drivers last week

Born in Bath Somerset
Apprenticed to a small firm in Bath C.P,Vanstones Grove Street, jus off Pulteny bridge.
Don't do Drugs, other than what the Doctor tells me to take daily.
Don't own a gun or a motor bike.
Worked at RAF Colerne after my Apprenticeship finished, moved to MOD(N) cus the bus to Colerne got to expensive.
Worked in Cyprus for a year without my Family as a Foreman of Trades for DofE.
Back to Bath
Moscow USSR for 4 years with FCOServices as Technical Supervisor.
Back to Bath for about 6 months
MOD (Army) Warminster as a Technical Officer
Thatcher stut down DofE PSE mid 1980s
Transfered to FCOServices Milton Keynes
Moved to Northampton
Travelled doing short working Trips all over the world
Did a stint as a TU Rep
Gave up smoking 12 years ago
Don't drink much, I spill most of it
27 Years later retired 2010
Still Married 1 Son (camerbloke)
Started Carp fishing but illness stopped me (brain tumor and Prostate Cancer.
Join this Forum (why I don't know?)
Oh and won a set of CK Stubby screw drivers last week
Dont forget to add your probably the most respected member here either

ok why not, I'll go next with a few things:

1. My names Michael & I was born in Middlesbrough. I moved houses a lot around the UK & I am now settled in Seaton, Devon.
2. I'm a qualified skydiver who also enjoys Kayaking, Yoshinkan Aikido & have recently taken up indoor rock climbing in Exeter With my daughter.
3. I am a single parent & my daughter Debbie is 7 years old but going on 18 lol
4. We have a Springer Spaniel who is 1 year old & shes completely bonkers lol
5. I drink very very occasionally & don't do drugs or smoke.
6. I've travelled a little bit to Russia, Spain & India but would like to do more.

"4. I ride motorcycles as often as possible on and off-road."

Me too, mainly off road. I compete in Moto X & Trials, mainly trials because I'm a bit too old for the moto x these days. What bikes do you ride?
For off-road I a Honda Transalp and a BMW HP2. No MotoX (too old :( ), I do mostly desert riding locally in the Karoo or mountain trails in the Cederberg mountains.

me:
born in the city of culture and cars on bricks
relocated , age 11, in staffordshire after mother's death
0 and A levels followed by HND (sandwich course apprenticeship with Hawker Kidney)
6 months in an office, realised was not for me
went to AEI small motors R&D
boring
then self-employed appliance repairs followed by 1970's boom repairing the crap TVs sold then
retrained in alarm installation & servicing,doing small electrical jobs as sideline
electrical jobs took off, went on to bigger jobs, learning the practical side through experience and mistakes.
1995 did 16th
carried on self-employed through to 2001
stupidly bought a general shop/off licence in n. wales lost most due to uncontrollable circumstances
met current mrs and moved to cheshire and back into sparking 2006
17th in 2011 age 65.
still at it.

I'm already learning lots in this thread. Didn't know you were a qualified sandwich chef... :)
haha. what was called the sandwich course was 6 months factory, 6 months college. lasted 3 years.a bit like 4 rounds of bread with filling layers bacon, egg,mushroom, and multiple pints of ale.

me:
0 and A levels followed by HND (sandwich course apprenticeship with Hawker Kidney)
boring
then self-employed appliance repairs followed by 1970's boom repairing the crap TVs sold then
retrained in alarm installation & servicing,doing small electrical jobs as sideline
electrical jobs took off, went on to bigger jobs, learning the practical side through experience and mistakes.
1995 did 16th
stupidly bought a general shop/off licence in n. wales lost most due to uncontrollable circumstances
17th in 2011 age 65.
still at it.
Crikey Tel buying an Offy

me:
boring
1995 did 16th
17th in 2011 age 65.
still at it.
I'm already learning lots in this thread. Didn't know you were a qualified sandwich chef... :)
Just seen an Advert out side "Subway" Sandwitch artiste needed, what next?

me:
boring
1995 did 16th
17th in 2011 age 65.
still at it.
Just seen an Advert out side "Subway" Sandwitch artiste needed, what next?
It doesn't suprise me pete, I expect he owned a brewery at one time as well
Could be why Tel is always pleading poverty, drunk all the stock.:p:D:rolleyes:

Reply to 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock