Discuss 110v tiles saw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why from the U.S, is it something not available in the U.K?
It may look cheap but after shipping Import Duty and Vat and the Dollar / Pound exchange rate it's not always the case.

120v is not a problem but the frequency 60hz verses our 50hz could be a problem depending on how sensitive the controls and motor are to it.

(ps. I've got an american car so I've imoorted quite a lot of car parts over the years)

As above, subject to frequency not being a problem, you would presumably need a transformer, so factor the cost of that in as well - say £50?

If it uses an induction motor the frequency will be an issue as it will run slow on 50Hz and possibly overheat. If it has a universal motor the frequency will not make any real difference. It probably won't carry European safety approvals or be intended to run from a centre-tapped supply, if you should happen to want to run it from a yellow site transformer. It will work but might only have single-pole switching whereas toold for UK site use normally have DP for this reason.

Reply to 110v tiles saw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I went to look at mess this morning. S plan heating system, google nest heat link in airing cupboard. Downstairs in utility room the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a basic knowledge of electric but would like advice before I attempt, I have a electrical item that is powered by Voltage...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Got a job where property is set up with Honeywell evohome TRVs and controlled via central panel. They're having an extension done with...
Replies
Views
I am replacing some of the old receptacles in a 1940s house. Armored BX cable, two conductors, cable is the ground. Mostly pretty straightforward...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need help with my catering van, I am looking to get leisure batteries for my catering van but don't know how many i need or what i need, i...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock