Discuss 12V LED wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Disclaimer - I will have a licensed electrician look at this before any DIY work is performed so I'm really just looking to learn and to identify any errors in advance.

Would you kindly provide insight into the attached? I'm looking to run LED on a 12v system within a converted school bus and I would welcome feedback.

I used Blue Sea's online wire calculator to determine the gauge. Wire gauge increased because I elected the options: "circuit terminates at a fuse" and that the wiring was installed within an insulated area.

Questions:
  1. I calculated the round trip wire distance between the battery and the physical distance to the furthest light. I did not sum the entire length of wire required to run the entire circuit. Does this sound right?
  2. Does the switch wiring look correct? I haven't selected actual switches to review their wiring setup.
  3. Overall, any feedback? It's ok to just tell me to go back to the drawing board if it's way off base.
Thanks much!

Eric Hildebrand

Attachments

• 12v LED schematic_1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 12v LED schematic_2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9

Reply to 12V LED wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice on the wiring for a new ceiling light. I have taken down the original light, and I'm left with the wiring in the image...
Replies
Views
Hello, my house was built in the 1950s and every time I look behind a wall plate the wiring isn’t how it’s shown in any DIY book I’ve read. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I have recently moved home and I looking to upgrade lighting across the house to LED. In the kitchen I have found that there is installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock