Discuss 13A socket with USB charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering what folks think about in terms of 13A sockets with built-in USB charges, what are the good/bad/ugly of choices?

I could do with one for my parent's use (to avoid them losing a plug-in charger) but ideally would like one that goes off / isolated when not in use or if the related socket was switched off.

Don’t know any that turn off with a switch… I thought it only powers on when a usb plug is inserted.

Don’t know about reliability. I’ve not come across any failing yet.

The ones I have use 2 different socket standards…. But I can’t remember the make now.

80C85946-FFDB-40A0-893B-FD80879CEED6.jpeg

Reply to 13A socket with USB charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I am looking for some advice re: putting new sockets and usb sockets in my home. Someone will be rewiring the entire house but I have...
Replies
Views
Looking to fit a USB-C PD wall socket for charging / using a laptop - so I was hoping to find one that supported 90W or higher charging, though...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views
I had the unfortunate experience today of trying to fit a customers 13a double sockets, they were hidden screw type with USB outlets...
Replies
Views
Here's a Sunday puzzler for you all..... I've a large rental stock of properly made up mains adaptors for use in Europe and elsewhere - so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock