Discuss 18th Edition (2382-18) Exam simulator in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Joshua

-
Arms
Reaction score
18th Edition Exam Simulator | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/18thedition/18th-edition-exam-simulator.php

Not sure how accurate this exam simulator is but it's the first simulator I've seen for the new regs course. Hopefully it'll help someone. Might be worth posting in the trainee section.

i passed it 73.3% in 15 minutes without any reference to BS. waas expecting it to say "must try harder", as my old maths teacher used to say, after chucking the board rubber at my head.

I just tried the simulator also without any reference of the book and got 50% and therefore failed

Just failed with 63.5% and a skin full of beer. If I'd referred to the book I would have done much better as all my incorrect answers related to specific temps, IP rating etc...

Has the maximum Zs for a 32A type B MCB/RCBO gone back to 1.44 ohms?
How is a suspended cable consider to be underground?
There’s also a question about RCD protection for cables concealed in walls.
Have we now done away with the requirement to run cables in prescribed zones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will gove this a go tomorrow seeing as my vehicle is having its MOT and being serviced.

IIRC the pass rate is a really high, eye watering, 65%...

If this exam simulation is anywhere near accurate, not only do we not seem to need a 3 day course, but next to no one has used the regs to reference to and most likely some alcohol has been consumed. With most either getting a pass or very near to it.

Interesting:laughing:

Once you done one of these exams, why do you need another course to tell you how to read a book?
When I did the 16th, I bought the self adhesive colours paper strips in bulk.
Should have a few more editions worth left over.

Should be 90% with use of the Regs.
100% if you have the answers to hand, no excuse for not being able to find the relevant imformation, especially as the whole point is too prove you can reference the correct information.

Reply to 18th Edition (2382-18) Exam simulator in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock