Discuss 18th Edition - Exam only in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

still got red and green 17th books. shan't need to buy toilet paper for a while.

My local college dropped C&G for some logic Certification crowd.

The pass for the 18th was 75%, and the exam was as hard as frig.

I couldn’t understand loads of the questions at all.

Yet got 93.33% 11 months earlier on 17th AMD3 with C&G.

I’m doing an exam resit on 14/12/18.
9:30-11:30 Going to have to study the hell out of the BBB to get it or find a C&G place somewhere.

Never heard of the AMD 3 exam before, just the AM 2.

Got the resit for free too lol normally £50 apparently. Think it’s due to the scathing comment I left on one of their LinkedIn posts haha

Though the talk around town is almost everyone that sat it with me, failed it. Even the college lecturers lmao

Just watched a couple of JW's videos of the 18th, what a load of utter tripe. Just goes to show that the old white haired guy's at the IET must definitely be in league with the scams, it is so obvious to me that it is just a money earner. They should be ashamed of themselves, making hard working sparks, many of them self-employed, waste their time doing courses and exams for £££££'s for absolutely NOTHING. Why can't they just issue an update, and get the scam's to concentrate on it via question and answer session during the next assessment, it's about time they actually did something worthwhile rather than the excuse of a half hour smile session that I have witnessed during my last two. £310 for absolutely nothing last year other than some poxy notifications that properly qualified and experienced guys should be able to do anyway like gas safe guys can, we must all be stupid for letting them get away with it. I'm sticking to my guns they can shove their 18th edition next year, be interesting to see what the approach is going to be as my membership does not expire until April and I am not doing the 2382 so will I be able to carry on notifying??

Just watched a couple of JW's videos of the 18th, what a load of utter tripe. Just goes to show that the old white haired guy's at the IET must definitely be in league with the scams, it is so obvious to me that it is just a money earner. They should be ashamed of themselves, making hard working sparks, many of them self-employed, waste their time doing courses and exams for £££££'s for absolutely NOTHING. Why can't they just issue an update, and get the scam's to concentrate on it via question and answer session during the next assessment, it's about time they actually did something worthwhile rather than the excuse of a half hour smile session that I have witnessed during my last two. £310 for absolutely nothing last year other than some poxy notifications that properly qualified and experienced guys should be able to do anyway like gas safe guys can, we must all be stupid for letting them get away with it. I'm sticking to my guns they can shove their 18th edition next year, be interesting to see what the approach is going to be as my membership does not expire until April and I am not doing the 2382 so will I be able to carry on notifying??
totally agree. they're nothing but blood money sucking parasites.

They (the scams) would have no right to prevent your membership for not having a 2382 qualification and it would be interesting to see the case where they refund the membership fee because you couldn’t fill the total criteria that they created.
If only Hollywood could make a true to life movie. Denzel Washington could play the lawyer and Matthew Mccaughnahey as the lowly spark ................................ (please insert your name here)

Well I am quite looking forward to it. They (Stroma) rang me up loads of times months back offering the course for £££'s (can't remember the figure as I ain't doing it anyway), but now seem to have given up. Technically come 1st of January I can't notify work? But I am paid up until April 20th or something. Not like anything in the 18th will make a blind bit of difference, but I am just a little bit curious as to how I stand. Do you think I will get a rebate for the 4 months I am technically under-qualified to be a member?

Reply to 18th Edition - Exam only in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net