Discuss 24v DC electric roller blind in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Kris83

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a total novice, so apologies if this all sounds obvious & easy!!!

I'm wanting to install a motor to my roller blind & have found a 24v motor kit on amazon.

Issue is it only comes with 2 bare wires from motor & needs wiring to plug into a 24v ac adaptor.

Tried looking online but can't find a thing.

My questions are:

1) Can I use a 24v ac dc adapter like the ones used for christmas tree lights

2) Will the wire (picture attached) be suitable to connect to blind & plug into adapter?

Pics of blind, wire & adapter attached.

Attachments

• 24v DC electric roller blind Screenshot_20191106-212333_Amazon Shoppin - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20191106-212333_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 24v DC electric roller blind Screenshot_20191106-212306_Amazon Shoppin - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20191106-212306_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 24v DC electric roller blind Screenshot_20191106-212239_Amazon Shoppin - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20191106-212239_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the forum.
The roller blind will have a power rating for it. You must make sure that the 24v adapter is DC and not AC, as the title says the roller blind is DC. Also that the power rating of the roller blind is big enough to do the roller blind.
Your Amazon link just takes me to the Amazon site so I can't check the roller blind.
[automerge]1573083768[/automerge]
Just a correction for the above. Make sure the power rating of the adaptor is big enough to do the roller blind.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for the adaptor picture, didn't realise the output was ac.

There's not much info on the motor to be honest other than it's 24v dc & is suitable for my blind size.

Here is the link

[/URL]

Can't work out what wires/connectors & adapter I need for this to work safely.

Any help would be appreciated!!

The link is not working again mate.
I will see if I can find it and see what info there.

We need to know what power rating the motor is so that you get the right size adaptor.
Also need to know what is the power connector to the motor like.

Found it.

In one of the pictures the adaptor is wired up to the blind.
It looks like the blue/white cable is the positive supply and the white cable is the 0V
24v DC electric roller blind 1573114046525 - EletriciansForums.net

Also in one of the reviews it says the motor takes less than 1A.
I would try and find a 24V DC adaptor that is 1.5A, to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Hi,so it is 24v dc...the least you will need,is the power of the blind motor,to size your transformer.
Is it remote control? If so,you will need the tranny,pluggeg in 24/7,so it needs to be rated for 100% stand-by.

I will be honest....some of the available transformers from across the water,are not of a standard,where i would be happy leaving them on,full time,in my property.

Reply to 24v DC electric roller blind in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock