Search the forum,

Discuss 25mm tails why..? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think the 16mm tails is more if they are already in situ and replacing them would be awkward and costly to the client when it doesn’t need to be and don’t need replacement ie meter tails 15 meters away and installed within the fabric of the building.

What’s the actual actual cost difference on a couple of meters of meter tails ? £5 ? I just whack 25mm in every time and worry about other things ?
what about the cost in arthritis in the joints from bending and threading 25mm into a poxy CU with ahrdly any room ?

i have to say that though i am plagued with several aches and pains, none is arthritic as yet. still, only 73, so plenty of time yet . till then i'll carry on installing until such time as i can no longer cope, or 80, whichever comes first.

G
i have to say that though i am plagued with several aches and pains, none is arthritic as yet. still, only 73, so plenty of time yet . till then i'll carry on installing until such time as i can no longer cope, or 80, whichever comes first.
good on you Tel , my dad managed to keep working till he was about the same age but unfortunately suffered a mini stroke which messed up his right hand which ment he literally couldn’t hold anything without dropping it...
he would have carried on as loved his work but just couldn’t...

the physical lenghth of most meter tails is abit 1m-1.5m

to melt a 16mm csa cable of that length I reckon you would have to run 300-400a through it
Yes you’re right and I’m constantly coding C3 for undersized meter tails. Just out of curiosity what do you code 6mm twin and earth with 10/15 mtr run to shower with power consumption of 9kw with thermal effects at pullcord? (Melted)

Yes you’re right and I’m constantly coding C3 for undersized meter tails. Just out of curiosity what do you code 6mm twin and earth with 10/15 mtr run to shower with power consumption of 9kw with thermal effects at pullcord? (Melted)

The melting at the pull cord will be due to poor terminations, not because it's 6mm cable.

Reply to 25mm tails why..? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock