Discuss 3-phase Pannel Meters in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Will_D

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of statistical info:

The main pannel in our rugby club ( MIC 150 kVA ) is fitted with an LCD meter ( displays: A, V, Power ( kWh. KVAr,kVA ) and a 4th screen I've not figured out yet ) where the main 3-phase comes into the pannel and also has the master On/Off Switch for the whole installation. We then split off to some separate DBs (upstairs & plant room)) ( via some big 3-p switches ) and also to the Lighting/Small power and the general Serices pannels for the ground floor

Before I post some weird readings - a question:

Has anyone had trouble in believing this sort of meter?

I have run some tests and the data does not stack up.

Many thanks

Will ( MRFC )

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of statistical info:

The main pannel in our rugby club ( MIC 150 kVA ) is fitted with an LCD meter ( displays: A, V, Power ( kWh. KVAr,kVA ) and a 4th screen I've not figured out yet ) where the main 3-phase comes into the pannel and also has the master On/Off Switch for the whole installation. We then split off to some separate DBs (upstairs & plant room)) ( via some big 3-p switches ) and also to the Lighting/Small power and the general Serices pannels for the ground floor

Before I post some weird readings - a question:

Has anyone had trouble in believing this sort of meter?

I have run some tests and the data does not stack up.

Many thanks

Will ( MRFC )

Have seen these fitted before, normally have CT's around main incomers to the DB to measure current and voltage measuered by connecting to one 3 phase outgoing way off DB. 4th screen could be frequency.

I've seen loads of theses and they always appear to read correctly, never had reason or proof to doubt them.

Are all the C.T's in the correct place tho'

Or have they been fitted the correct way round, check direction of arrows.

Hopefully in the next day or two one of members who is a qualified electrician will fit a data logger.

He will check the CTs fitted to our pannel are fitted correctly and hopefully the ESB will also come and calibrate the meter and show me their CTs they have fitted.

To give you an idea of consumption: The base load of the club is fridges and freezers (they run 24/7) and various small PSUs for computers/card reader terminals/tv's/emergency lighting charging etc . I estimate about a total load ( if all on ) of 4 kW. Estimatimating a duty cycle for the various fridges and freezers the actual average load could be about half this. We are consuming an average of more than 10 kW and up tp 15 kW per hour!! ( according to Electric Ireland )

When we don't use the flood lights we are similar to a small pub; 2 bars, cellar, bottle fridges etc

The flood lights only pull (6 poles by 6 luminares at 1.5 kW ( total 54 kW non inductive )) so why are we rated at 150 kVA MIC )

I reckon the bill is out by a factor of 5 but I need to prove this to the ESB. My tests so far are not conclusive ( my only data is our 3 phase Ammeter(and common sense) verses the ESB meter.

I am doubting our ammeter readings?? (hence the question re: this thread)

Many thanks for the help already

Cheers

Will

Ps: How do I link to a spread sheet or word document?

The I can show you some test results!!

Reply to 3-phase Pannel Meters in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net