Discuss 3 phase shared supply in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for advice about a 3 phase supply. I have such a supply on my property but 2 of those phases are used by adjoining properties that are not mine.
Firstly is this "normal"?
Secondly is it possible for an increased power load supply in this case?
I have contacted northern power grid and am trying to get increased power but it has been extremely difficult to get the right advice from them.
Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Gireesh

That supply set up is quite common.

What sort of increased power supply supply do you need?

Do you need more current supplying or are you intending to use three phase equipment?

Gireesh - please take some photos of the intake and switchgear and post for folk to study. Try to include numbers like 60A on the 'block' into which the supply cable enters and single thick cables leave.

If you have a consumer unit, open up the cover over the ways and take a photo of the circuit breakers or fuses behind it. Do not open the main cover though.

And last tell us more about what loads are supplied now and what you want to add, plus what the properties are supplied by the two other phases.

DITTO !
Need heaps more details
what are the existing loads
are the existing loads single phase
how much do you get now
how much more do you need
Exactily what has Northern power said so far ?

Reply to 3 phase shared supply in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock