Discuss 41 and considering new DEI course alongside job in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm 41 and looking at a new 'DEI' course, partially funded by my current employer. Not currently thinking of making the leap to a full time spark but would like to build knowledge and earn a bit on the side of my current job and create a safety net incase of redundancy (my field is not the most secure). I have an interest in electrics and have worked in sound engineering, theatre lighting and technical jobs so this links in, hence employer contribution.

The course I'm looking at is:

LCL Awards Level 3 - Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings

City & Guilds 2382-22 - Level 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations

City & Guilds 2391-50 - Level 3 Inspection & Testing - Initial Verification

plus

City & Guilds 2391-51 Periodic Inspection and Testing course
City & Guilds 2919-01 Electric Vehicle charging course

I've checked with NIC EIC and it would qualify you for the Domestic installer qualified supervisor assessment after 2 years experience (I plan to do the quals then start picking up small jobs and build into it).

My question is... Does this course - or more accurately collection of qualifications - make sense? Does my plan seem sensible, or just a big waste of time and money?!

TIA

Reply to 41 and considering new DEI course alongside job in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Not really a Question but its more a Point that the other Education Bodies out there than City and Guilds Granted most Employment agency dont...
Replies
Views
ECS EXPERIENCED WORKER CARD HOLDER Certification. C&G 2382-22 Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018...
Replies
Views
I am seeking a job as an electricians mate / improver / labourer around South Yorkshire. I am based in Doncaster, i have a uk full driving licence...
Replies
Views
Hi My name is Bryn and I live in St Albans I have currently done the level 1 domestic course the level 2 city and guilds 2365, the city and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock