Discuss 85 amp 220v subpanel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rex1956

DIY
Reaction score
I would like my plan checked by a professional. This project is a semi-open pavilion with a load center approximately 100 feet away. I am rating for 120' to ensure compliance with the NEC. My review of the NEC leads to believe that this will be a damp environment, so I am using an outdoor rated panel.

Wiring is calculated as follows: (3) 3 awg copper THHN/THWN with (1) 8 awg copper bare or insulated ground buried in 2" schedule 4 (schedule 8 above ground) pvc conduit 18" deep. There is no conduit fitting violation of greater than 180 degrees between pull points. The subpanel is not bonded and will have a separate grounding bar and 8 awg ground wire to (2) 5/8" x 8' stainless steel grounding rods not closer than 6'.

Thanks in adavance for any words of advice or caution. As an ancillary matter this project is in western NY, Niagara County. I know how NY state loves its regulations, so if there are any other cautionary measures, please advise.

Reply to 85 amp 220v subpanel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net