Discuss A 'drop everything and get here quickly' call in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do you not test them, like you test 9v batteries, by licking them..??

Yes, he had one in his tool bag. Apparantly a couple of weeks earlier they were talking about them and none of his colleagues really knew what it was for and nobody bothered using them

First thing I did was to check the bonding which was as it should be. Next thing was to check that the pme earth was as it should be. Ze was good so I was pretty sure that the raised potential was on the gas pipe. To be doubly sure I connected my wander lead to the pme terminal and then took a voltage reading on two different pieces of metalwork on the street (it was raining) - pme terminal to railing 1V, disconnected gas pipe to railing 6V so I was happy the raised potential was on the gas incomer. The electric supply was underground and shared, the neighbours being looped off so there should have been a rod either out the front or back but I couldn't see one. Reported the issue to WPD and had another very quick response but the neighbours were not in so they couldn't gain access. However, they scheduled a job to do an underground joint and supply both properties with concentric to enable both to have pme, one of the working theories being that next door's earth may well be through the gas pipe.
Meter fitter regained some colour and advised he was going to tell his colleagues the importance of the big lead with the two croc clips on it

Trust not in the metal bracket...
Must have put paint a bit thicker on that (old?) one.
(Luckily not a Bang test)

Reply to A 'drop everything and get here quickly' call in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock