Discuss A genuine quote from an estate agent? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

peterhyper

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I received an email from a local estate agent asking me to quote for some work for a landlord. I am inside the M25 and unless I am over charging the quote they sent me which they claimed was from another electrician seems rather on the low side and I can't help wondering if they are playing games or it's a genuine quote and I'm over charging:

To Rewire lighting circuits 2 off to include 10 lighting points and switches.

The cost of this would be:-

Materials and Labour £775.00 + VAT

The above is copied and pasted from their email, and they are looking for lower quotes.

I emailed back to say there is no point me quoting as my quote would be higher.

If the quote was genuine then people around the London area are either too cheap or I am too expensive (I am curious what other opinions are beacuse I have no plans to change my prices).

From the other bits in the email I assume this is as a result of a condition report, and I appreciate that I haven't seen the property, but I guess it's not empty and even if it was I still wouldn't do it for that quote or lower?

Last edited:
Seems doable to me. Surface trunking all round. Screwfix cheapies. Bit of cheap labour might come out with a few bob to buy a pie and beer.

is that 10 points per circuit or in total?

How can you quote without doing a site visit?

Why would I waste my time quoting for a job that I wouldn't do for £750 let alone less?

I would very likely think it would be 10 points in total on 2 circuits, because if the quote was genuine I couldn't see any spark charging £750 for 20 points unless he was desperate or mad.

Last edited:

Reply to A genuine quote from an estate agent? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock