Discuss A Plan wiring centre in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jeffmo65

Wiring a Worcester Bosch grew star 24ri . I have fused spur 3 core to boiler and 5 core back to wiring centre. 5 core to CHV and 5 core to HWV . Manual room stat 3 core and Earth to wiring centre . Programmer is built into boiler . Oh and a 3 core flex to tank stat . Unvented S Plan . Please explain again since many years since done S plan where these wires connect in my 10 way connector block .
Cheers

I'm pretty sure that if you want to use a built in two channel programmer you would have to use the Worcester greenstar wiring centre.

Dear god no, don't ever mention that heap of absolute **** in my presence again!

But you're right that what he wants to do can't be done. It's possible if the internal diverted valve kit is used to combine internal programmer with regular stats via the Lr(CH) and Lr(DHW) terminals, but that's rather different pipework required. But I don't think a straightforward Ri has that function, or even the facility to fit an internal programmer.

Last edited:
Dear god no, don't ever mention that heap of absolute **** in my presence again!

But you're right that what he wants to do can't be done. It's possible if the internal diverted valve kit is used to combine internal programmer with regular stats via the Lr(CH) and Lr(DHW) terminals, but that's rather different pipework required. But I don't think a straightforward Ri has that function, or even the facility to fit an internal programmer.

I no they are absolute rubbish Imo and over complicated for what its actual purpose is ...my advice to the op and im sure yours would be is to get an external programmer so you don't have to fit the green star wiring centre as they are junk. Having a quick look I think the internal programmer can be fitted to the likes of the greenstar ri compact regular boiler but not 100% sure. When I first read the op my 1st thought was where does the internal programmer go....as I was thinking of the standard ri heat only boiler with only the blue light and two dials on the front.

Last edited:
I no they are absolute rubbish Imo and over complicated for what its actual purpose is ...my advice to the op and im sure yours would be is to get an external programmer so you don't have to fit the green star wiring centre as they are junk. Having a quick look I think the internal programmer can be fitted to the likes of the greenstar ri compact regular boiler but not 100% sure. When I first read the op my 1st thought was where does the internal programmer go....as I was thinking of the standard ri heat only boiler with only the blue light and two dials on the front.

Plus the temperature sensor for the cylinder is encapsulated in insulating plastic so can't actually read the temperature very well.
I've only fitted one (technically 2 but one replaced the other as it was fubared)
At first it just randomly turned heating and hot water on and off the after replacing it it ran CH for 5 minutes turned it off and then DHW non-stop heating the cylinder up to 75 despite the temp dial being set to off!
3 engineer visits and some serious disagreements with just about everyone in the Worcester technical support office and a row with one of the big Chiefs at Worcester.

We refuse to ever go near it again!

Reply to A Plan wiring centre in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net